Proud to feel like my true self again

Options
dechowj
dechowj Posts: 148 Member
Before kids I was in pretty good shape and at a normal weight and BMI. When I was pregnant with my first child I gained about 50 lbs. I lost most of the weight, but not all of it, before I got pregnant with my second child. Again I gained about 50 lbs.

So 6 months after my second was born I was so disgusted with my weight and how terrible my body felt that I decided to buckle down and do something about it. I tried eating better and walking more on my own. But it wasn't until I joined my fitness pal and started logging my food that I realized how many calories I was actually eating.

I am crazy proud to say that in about a year I lost 43 lbs and went from a BMI of about 30 to 22. Not only did I lose the weight, but here I am another year later and I have kept it off!!!!!!!

Replies

• hanscanlan
    hanscanlan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That’s great!! Well done
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!

What I love about stories like this is that your kids witnessed this happen, so they now know that behavior equals results.
  • delmasivy1
    delmasivy1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Well done.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    You should definitely be proud of yourself! Well done 😊
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yay! This is my goal too, great to see that logging helped you reach your goal. And that you've maintained a year! Great work, very impressive!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!