Help with Fitbit Inspire please

Options
Hi all

I decided to buy a Fitbit Inspire and I have some questions that I hope you can help with.

1. Is it possible to do daily steps challenges with other people? If so, how do I go about this? (I don’t have any friends on it as I just bought it yesterday) If this is possible, could you explain how it works please?

2. When I woke up this morning, I scrolled down and below the flame icon, it said 384 cals. It now says 1166 cals. Is anyone able to explain this to me please?

Any help is appreciated, thank you 😊

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Can't help with the first question as it's been years since I've had a Fitbit.

You burn calories in your sleep. You're digesting food, dreaming, breathing, beating your heart, etc. This is why people are able to lose weight without exercise, they're still burning calories (just not as many). Your Fitbit is guessing how many calories you've burned, total, not just from exercise.
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Can't help with the first question as it's been years since I've had a Fitbit.

You burn calories in your sleep. You're digesting food, dreaming, breathing, beating your heart, etc. This is why people are able to lose weight without exercise, they're still burning calories (just not as many). Your Fitbit is guessing how many calories you've burned, total, not just from exercise.

Ah right, that makes sense. Thanks for your reply ☺️