I HATE weighing myself!

Options
2»

Replies

• Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I used to hate the scale, but weighing every day under the same conditions and using a weight trend app (Libra) has ended the animosity. My loss is very slow, so the thing I rely mostly on is my faith that a calorie deficit will work. Almost 6 months in, almost 12 lbs lost. I've actually never taken photos or measurements.
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I stopped weighing myself months ago. After 10 months of Pilates, I only saw a few pounds come off on the scale, but I feel so much better. My clothes fit better, I look better in the mirror, I sit taller, I move with more ease, and my confidence has grown substantially. That's what it's all about.
  • rdthoms
    rdthoms Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Weighing everyday has ups/downs. Once a week, regular time & place works for me. I like to log just to see (hopefully good) trends. I put the data into MyShape.FITNESS website to follow those trends. It also builds a body avatar and lets you compare that against a "goal" avatar that you setup. Seeing that goal can sometimes be nice.
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I weigh every day, first thing in the morning after using the bathroom and with only a pair of underwear on. I have a journal that I jot down the number every time, so I can monitor the ups and downs (Mondays vs Fridays, morning after a workout vs not, etc.)

But if it's discouraging you OP, don't do it! Put your jeans in the wash and then try them on afterwards - jeans are always the least-forgiving material for me so when they fit nicely right out of the wash, it's a great morale boost!