Record

Options
Pls someone help me....how do i record my exercises

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,853 Member
    Options
    I have an Apple Watch. I simply select the type of workout, touch a button before I begin and it magically calculates everything. It’s truly a “smart” device. It gives me more calories for a harder mat class, less for an in heated “basic” class, more for faster or longer walk or run versus a slower walk, and it amazingly even knows to add extra calories if I do a mat class immediately after a run, because my heart rate is still up.

It also counts my steps during the day. I’ve been pleased because I feel like it’s pretty accurate with step counts and calorie burn counts.

It then transfers that info over to MFP for me

Three a lot of smart devices out there that do similar things. You’ll find a lot of threads comparing them.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    udy_alex wrote: »
    Pls someone help me....how do i record my exercises

Are you using a fitness tracker? If so, you would need to sync your tracker to MFP.

If not, if you are on the website you go to the "Exercise" tab and log it there. On the app (Android at least, I don't know about IPhone) you will find "Exercise" on the bottom of each day's food log.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,853 Member
    Options
    If you don’t have a smart device, there is an option at the bottom of your daily diary to add an excercise. I found that cumbersome and involving a lot of guesswork. I like the smart devices because it’s automated and mine gives me shiny rings to close for motivation.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,145 Member
    Options
    Click on Exercise
    Choose your exercise
    Type the time you did it