Low-sodium instant soup/ramen?

rlpomeroy
rlpomeroy Posts: 601 Member
Has anybody found any decent instant soups or ramen that aren't massively high in sodium?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Just use half of the flavouring powder packet and maybe top up with extra garlic or onion powder or chilli sauce.

Please note that to make wheat noodles instant they need to be fried first. Not so for instant ramen using rice noodles or bean thread noodles. Both alternatives are about 30% fewer calories.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,515 Member
    Instant ramen is a pretty cheap-o food. I think stepping up your soup game is a better approach. With so much canned and instant soup out there, you'd think soup is hard to make, but the irony is that soup is just about the easiest, particularly if you buy pre-made chicken stock (Costco has big boxes of it).

Here is my recipe for chicken noodle soup:

- 2C chicken stock
    - 1C left over pasta (or rice)
    - 4 oz left over cooked chicken, skin removed
    - 1C frozen mix veg (or any available left over veg)
    - Season with S&P to taste (extra credit for adding thyme)

Place in saucepan and heat until hot and eat immediately. Double or triple the recipe, allow to cool, and place in sealed tupperwares to eat later.
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 601 Member
    I make soup frequently. I'm just looking for something that I can have on hand at work for a quick break.
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Keep these two at work for a quick meal.
    EDG_GBS_ENG.png

EDG_TTC_ENG.png

Along with a couple boxes of these. No fridge needed.
    0082557380090.jpg

Where are you finding the NuPasta? Have been looking for that to compare it to the konjac noodles and rice I am currently eating.
  • ERothbart90
    ERothbart90 Posts: 1 Member
    Have you tried Thai Kitchen? I'm not sure if they still make instant noodles in a cup/bowl but their standard soups still only take about 5 mins to make. As far as sodium, they are still about 540mg per package but considering their ingredients and the alternatives, not terrible.
    https://www.helloflavour.ca/en-ca/our-brands/thai-kitchen#noodles