Weight gain over holiday

Options
So I went on an all inclusive holiday in Fuerteventura last week eating mostly crappy buffet food, all vegan, lots of fruit, couple of curries eaten out. Very little alcohol, two rums and Diet Coke each day at most. 5lb gain!!! Surely not??
TMI but I had a lot of bloating and constipation while I was away and didn’t poop for 4 days which is very unusual for me. I am gutted to have a 5lb gain but surely it’s not 5lbs of fat and maybe more water weight or related to the tummy issues? :(

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Constipation causes weight gain. If the weight is not exiting, it is building up. "Crappy" food generally is high in salt, and so water weight gain is likely as well. Very unlikely that it is more that 1-2 pounds of fat, and it's possible that almost none of it is fat if you were active and reasonable with your portions.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I trust the math:

3500 kcals/lb x 5lbs = 17500kcals

Did you eat a surplus of 17500 kcals?

Yeah it's water weight. High salt, break in routine, vacation stress, hormone shift, etc.

Hydrate, get back to your routine, and this should trend to normal in 5-7 days.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    So I went on an all inclusive holiday in Fuerteventura last week eating mostly crappy buffet food, all vegan, lots of fruit, couple of curries eaten out. Very little alcohol, two rums and Diet Coke each day at most. 5lb gain!!! Surely not??
    TMI but I had a lot of bloating and constipation while I was away and didn’t poop for 4 days which is very unusual for me. I am gutted to have a 5lb gain but surely it’s not 5lbs of fat and maybe more water weight or related to the tummy issues? :(

Did you fly? Airplane bloat is real...I usually put on 5-8 Lbs when I fly.

You would be hard pressed to put on an actual 5 Lbs of fat in a mere week...do the math.