Nutrition pie in computer version

Options
debrakgoogins
debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
I've been on MFP for years and have never been able to find this option. On my phone, I can click the "nutrition" box at the bottom of my diary and instantly see the pie. Where do I find the pie on a laptop or computer version of MFP? There has to be a place but I just can't find it.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    It's not available in the web version.

You can however find the totals in reports by each macro.
  • debrakgoogins
    edited October 2019
    Options

Yep, I knew about the report. I wonder why the web version doesn't offer it.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options

Yep, I knew about the report. I wonder why the web version doesn't offer it.

Who knows, there are a couple of discrepancies between app/web versions like you can't blog from the app only the web version.

There are certain things you can do with food diary and recipe builders on one or the other too.
  • debrakgoogins
    Options
    Who knows, there are a couple of discrepancies between app/web versions like you can't blog from the app only the web version.

I'm planning a brunch for a dear friend and she is following the my plate diet right now. It's 25% protein, 25% complex carbs and 50% fruits and vegetables. I am playing with options to find the right breakdown to fit her diet. It's easier to do on the computer. Oh well, I think that a homemade turkey sausage and vegetable quiche served with sweet potato hash and fruit on the side will work.

• iheartmyyorkie
    iheartmyyorkie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Did someone say pie? :p
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Could you try looking at it in the Meals section?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

I'm planning a brunch for a dear friend and she is following the my plate diet right now. It's 25% protein, 25% complex carbs and 50% fruits and vegetables. I am playing with options to find the right breakdown to fit her diet. It's easier to do on the computer. Oh well, I think that a homemade turkey sausage and vegetable quiche served with sweet potato hash and fruit on the side will work.

I think that just means that much of your plate is covered by those things. so the protein = meat, complex carbs = some type of starch?? and 50% frut veg is just that, but if you broke it down by macro %, it should look different.

So just fill her plate in those portions of that type of food regardless of the % macro breakdown
  • debrakgoogins
    edited October 2019
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    I think that just means that much of your plate is covered by those things. so the protein = meat, complex carbs = some type of starch?? and 50% frut veg is just that, but if you broke it down by macro %, it should look different. So just fill her plate in those portions of that type of food regardless of the % macro breakdown

I realize that but I was looking for actual recipes that would look nice, taste good and fit her plan. I know what protein and carbs are. I didn't want to slap a slice of ham on one 1/4, a toasted English Muffin on another, then fill the rest of the plate with fruit and vegetables. I want a well balanced meal that is pretty AND tasty. By balancing the macros, I can satisfy my own nutritional goals and hers as well.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I think that just means that much of your plate is covered by those things. so the protein = meat, complex carbs = some type of starch?? and 50% frut veg is just that, but if you broke it down by macro %, it should look different. So just fill her plate in those portions of that type of food regardless of the % macro breakdown

I realize that but I was looking for actual recipes that would look nice, taste good and fit her plan. I know what protein and carbs are. I didn't want to slap a slice of ham on one 1/4, a toasted English Muffin on another, then fill the rest of the plate with fruit and vegetables. I want a well balanced meal that is pretty AND tasty. By balancing the macros, I can satisfy my own nutritional goals and hers as well.

gotchya, just didn't see how the pie chart, and still don't, go along with preparing one meal.
  • debrakgoogins
    Options
    gotchya, just didn't see how the pie chart, and still don't, go along with preparing one meal.

No worries. I am an analyst and a number cruncher. It's my OCD brain. Not many understand my thought processes.
  • debrakgoogins
    Options
    thank you @tinkerbellang83