Pea protein powder - help me make it taste good please!

Options
2»

Replies

• Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I use Vega products for my shakes. It honestly took me a while to get used to the texture. I have Chocolate, Mixed berries, vanilla and my favourite Coconut almond. I also bought the Mocha which is a 3-1 shake. I put it in my coffee and it makes a nice warm sort of shake. But you have to keep stirring it otherwise it settles and you’re left with goop at the bottom. Some things that helped me to get over the initial taste test are using vanilla almond milk, or whatever milk you like but sweetened, adding more vanilla if needed, mixing in your favourite fruits, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, cocoa yeah get creative. Also, the fact that it’s really good for me with really good ingredients and it doesn’t have dairy which I’m allergic to. Good luck, I hope you learn to like it with time but if you just can’t swallow it then take it back. 🤞
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've found Ripple to be the best so far. They have powders and pre-made bottles if you need something quick to just grab.
    Bob's Red Mill is also good to me.
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Try blends of different protein sources rather than just pea protein. I like Lifetime's Life's Basics, the unsweetened vanilla one. Just has rice protein, pea protein, hempseed, and chia seed plus vanilla. The chia seed makes it a bit sweet even all by itself. Anyway, that blend is fine. I sometimes just add a banana and cinnamon before blending, but the chia tends to thicken it also. I'll add protein powders to vegan yoghurt and pudding also, since unless they are made with soy - they tend to be low protein. But it has to be a powder that actually tastes good to me in the first place. They are most useful to me when I'm not feeling well and my appetite is low.

A lot of vegan protein powders available today have the same pattern, seeds and other protein foods.

I wouldn't waste my eating time on anything that I don't enjoy. Are you actually protein deficient? Trainers sometimes have odd ideas about how much protein regular people need, as well as odd ideas about what tastes good.
  • ElReyDelMundo365
    ElReyDelMundo365 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Haha! I made that same mistake before. Pea protein is terrible, your best bet is to throw it out and look for an alternative that doesnt taste like smoothened saw dust.