Night shift

Options
Kg9727
Kg9727 Posts: 3 Member
hi all!
I’m wondering if anyone has any tips for how to log food when working an overnight schedule? I have 3 days overnight shifts 10pm-8am then four days back to a regular schedule. I’m wondering if tracking midnight -midnight is the best or if anyone has any experience what worked well for weight loss? Any help is appreciated 😊

Replies

• kiddycat73
    kiddycat73 Posts: 67 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I work nights too but my schedule is a bit different, 4p-4a. I don’t eat after 8p, so I just keep my regular logging same as my off days. Do you keep a night schedule on your off days? Do you sleep all day till it’s time to go to work on your work days? Maybe just log regular, but call your 1st meal breakfast no matter what time it is eaten?

Edited because I thought of something else.
    If you eat a normal 3 meals on your work days then sleep and wake up in the afternoon of your off day and start eating, that could be too much food in a 24 hour period, and not enough in the next 24 hour period.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Which category you food gets logged into doesn't matter. To a large extent it doesn't even matter which day your food gets logged into. The important thing is that all your food gets logged in some way.

If you eat 3 times a day then just log them as breakfast, lunch and dinner regardless of when they occur according to the clock.

You could just have 1 category called 'Food' and log everything you eat in a 24hr period from midnight to midnight together

You could just create your own categories that make sense to you and log that way.

As long as you're keeping track of your calories you'll be fine. You're body doesn't have a watch and doesn't know or care how you track.
  • michelle7586
    michelle7586 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I’ve worked nights for years and I consider my “day” from when I wake up till when I go to sleep. That way I make sure I’m not getting too many calories total. I don’t eat a lot before I go into work and I eat my main meal a little after midnight. Then have a few small things between that and when I go to bed.