Curiosity - do you see a pattern in your weight loss

2»

Replies

• New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Every weekend my weight spikes then I reach my low around Thursday. Lately the spikes aren't as high and I'm seeing a downward trend. Salt and amount of carbs definitely affect it. Cardio at night leaves me with a lower morning weight the next day, even after eating and drinking post workout. I have the best losses on weeks I eat lots of fish, salads, and vegetarian meals.
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    The most common trend for my is staying around the same weight between Mon-Friday and then seeing the loss on Sat-Mon.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    My weight loss trend is down but during any given week it is all over the place. Example: Yesterday it was 205.6 and today it is 203.2
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    I lose weight in a step ladder formation. 4-10 days of scale flatness, followed by 1-2 days of losing all the weight that should've been lost for the now 5-12 day period.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    ... Tuesdays... For whatever reason, my lowest weight of the week is always on Tuesdays...
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    A loss of a pound or two....same....same ....slight gain.....same ...whoosh a loss of two more.....repeat.
  • MercuryForce
    MercuryForce Posts: 104 Member
    lgfrie wrote: »
    I lose weight in a step ladder formation. 4-10 days of scale flatness, followed by 1-2 days of losing all the weight that should've been lost for the now 5-12 day period.

That's what I do to. It's both frustrating and fascinating. I'll think nothing is happening and then *woosh* 2 lbs gone. I did that last week. I'd been hovering between 181 and 182 for about 2 weeks....and now suddenly one day I was 179.

I suspect some of that came because I weighed myself later in the day that usual, since it was a Saturday. But, even now, I'm at around 180. I suspect I'll be here for another week or two, then have another *woosh*
  • qwebster01
    qwebster01 Posts: 22 Member
    If I eat salt my weight goes up bc of the water retention. Ratings heavy foods like red meat make my weight go up. But I still have a downward trend
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    edited October 2019
    I've track my weight for ages (even when I wasn't actively needing or trying to lose weight), and additionally started using a trend app almost 2 years ago, so lots of data.

Basically, when I'm losing, I go through "wooshes" like this (as an example):

Stay on track, keep with the plan - Woosh! Down 3 pounds within a couple/few days.
    Have a couple/few days within a pound or so of the woosh low-end.
    Uptick of 2-3 pounds one day
    Slowly dropping down over ~4-5 days back to within a pound or so of the woosh low end
    Hold steady-ish (daily variances) here for a week or two.
    Woosh again!

Of course, my own consistency plays a role, and sometimes I'm just freaking hungry, so will eat closer to maintenance for a few days.

Additionally, I track my daily weights, and average each week to see my weekly loss average week over week to make sure I'm staying on point overall.

I'm presently down the last 10-15 pounds. Where I finally land will depend on how I look when these next 10 are gone.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    My weight fluctuates based on my menstrual cycle, the weight of the food I’ve eaten in the past 24 hours (regardless of calorie content), and if I’ve just done a big workout.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    jymcc5os9su7.png
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    No. I don't even seem to see the standard expected ups and downs associated with salt, carbs, bathroom activity, fluid intake, exercise, etc. Mine is literally unpredictable - every morning is a surprise and only occasionally a good one. The one thing that saves my sanity is that my fluctuations are mild (within 2-3 lbs).
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    The only pattern I've seen in my recent cut attempt is that I lose weight in the ladder formation (same weight for 6 days, then on the 7th it drops). And it only seems to drop on Sundays. So, guess what my new weigh day is?