It’s just one day

Options
SCoil123
SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
edited October 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I’m posting this because I’ve seen a lot of posts over the years from people panicked over a day of bad eating and how it would affect their progress. One day can be just that- one day- if you let it. Today I missed my workout and volunteered at the snack shack for my sons water polo. Of course I had to sample all of the treats right? I went 800 calories over goal. I went well over what I burned. I still have a deficit for the week and some cusion for tomorrow and the weekend (I’m in maintenance).

There will be unplanned days going over. There will be missed workouts and extra treats. That doesn’t have to derail anything. Just like one day of eating at a deficit and working out won’t make you fit one day of eating tons of junk food sitting around won’t ruin the hard work you’ve already invested.4pul6nbcvqet.png
5x0ysg575dfl.png

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    I’m posting this because I’ve seen a lot of posts over the years from people panicked over a day of bad eating and how it would affect their progress. One day can be just that- one day- if you let it. Today I missed my workout and volunteered at the snack shack for my sons water polo. Of course I had to sample all of the treats right? I went 800 calories over goal. I went well over what I burned. I still have a deficit for the week and some cusion for tomorrow and the weekend (I’m in maintenance).

There will be unplanned days going over. There will be missed workouts and extra treats. That doesn’t have to derail anything. Just like one day of eating at a deficit and working out won’t make you fit one day of eating tons of junk food sitting around won’t ruin the hard work you’ve already invested.

I want to see all the fun treats you ate.

I think you are supposed to start this thread tomorrow when your scale jumps up and punishes you for your aberrant behavior.
  • SCoil123
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    SCoil123 wrote: »

There will be unplanned days going over. There will be missed workouts and extra treats. That doesn’t have to derail anything. Just like one day of eating at a deficit and working out won’t make you fit one day of eating tons of junk food sitting around won’t ruin the hard work you’ve already invested.

I want to see all the fun treats you ate.

I think you are supposed to start this thread tomorrow when your scale jumps up and punishes you for your aberrant behavior.

Ha ha ha - bacon and blue cheese burger, fries, trail mix, and two candy bars. None of it lasted long enough for pics.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    I find it interesting you are maintaining a deficit while in maintenance for fun food and weekends. I have no idea for sure what I will do but I have often thought this would work for me. How long have you been in Maint and do you do this each/most weeks? Were you a regular banker losing too?

I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about it because for so long I was so far away but I may be doing a recomp period in the very near future and it seemed like a good idea to just extend what feels natural for me while losing and I love to bank.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    Oh and black and blue burgers are easily my favorite non-traditional burger.
  • SCoil123
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I find it interesting you are maintaining a deficit while in maintenance for fun food and weekends. I have no idea for sure what I will do but I have often thought this would work for me. How long have you been in Maint and do you do this each/most weeks? Were you a regular banker losing too?

I haven't spent a lot of time thinking about it because for so long I was so far away but I may be doing a recomp period in the very near future and it seemed like a good idea to just extend what feels natural for me while losing and I love to bank.

Looking at the weekly calories over the daily has been what I’ve mostly done since finding this site and it works for me. When I was losing it helped me see what adjustments I could make after a splurge day to stay on plan and now it still works similarly.