30 y/o female, 100 lbs to lose... anyone similar out there?

I'm tired of being fat. I gained 100 lbs during the past 6 years and it's time to lose those 100 lbs. I'm looking for anyone else in a similar situation. I'm 30 (turn 31 in December). 5'5", 233 lbs. Married. No kids. Two dogs, two cats. Live in San Antonio, TX. Work in HR. I've successfully counted my calories for 1 week now!

Replies

• Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    WTG on your first week. The first few weeks are hard but just stick with it. I am also 30 (31 soon!). Feel free to friend me.
  • I have the same goals only thing is I'm only 20 but I would love the help and support!!!!
  • swolf19
    swolf19 Posts: 20 Member
    Congratulations on your first week. I am 30 years old and have the same goals.
  • ktdiddy
    ktdiddy Posts: 43 Member
    I have already lost 53 lbs, have another 30 to go. Feel free to add me :)
    Oh yeah and I am almost 30!
  • KBoddu
    KBoddu Posts: 237 Member
    I will be 32 in December and need to lose 100+! Feel free to add me. =). Just started back on Wednesday!
  • Jmchao
    Jmchao Posts: 27 Member
    Chiming in and waving hi! I am 36 and would like to lose nearly 100lbs. Good luck!!
  • missa3428
    missa3428 Posts: 114
    I am here with you!!! I have over 100 pounds to get rid of! The 1st week is the hardest. I am trying to lose weight to have a baby as I do not have any kids either. I am 25 next month 26. I have gained 100 pounds over the last 8 years, and have been doing everything to lose weight!! I have lost 20 pounds over the last 3 months.

Good luck to you! If you would like a friend, to motivate you, and help with losing weight questions, feel free to add me as a friend!
  • amb0919
    amb0919 Posts: 57 Member
    I'll be 30 next month and have about 50lbs to lose. Congrats on completing your 1st week! I'm a couple days shy from mine, but it's been a HUGE help for me to track everything.. makes me more accountable for what I intake as well as gets me moving a lot more too. Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Hi there, I'm 34 and live in Australia - I've actually been to San Antonio however. :-) I'm married with 4 children, and I'm well into my weight loss journey. I've lost 90lbs so far, on the way to losing another 80 or so. I'm happy to support new friends and I do log in every day, but please read my profile first if you'd like to friend request me. I firmly believe in losing in a healthy way - that includes not starving myself, eating most foods in moderation and exercising. But I can tell you that it is definitely possible to lose the weight!
  • GettingFitCris
    GettingFitCris Posts: 4 Member
    Way to go on your first week!!! I'm 34, trying to lose 100lbs as well. Track has made me successful the last couple of weeks. Just continue and you will definitely succeed. Feel free to add me...the more support you have, is always a big help, at least for me. The extra motivation is great too!
  • Well I guess I am the grandma in the group!! LOL I am 53 and need to loose 100 lbs also. I have been exercising for about 6 weeks now pretty regularly but have not lost any weight. I injured my knee and can't really walk but have to loose some weight so they can do surgery on it, total knee replacement. My friend who has lost about 80 lbs through diet and exercise said to watch my intake so I found this site. I have to have at least 15 lbs off by Dec.
  • paddgirl21
    paddgirl21 Posts: 154 Member
    I'm 32 and have about the same amount to lose. Feel free to add me as well!! :) looking for women who are in the same boat as me.
  • I am a 23 year old mom to a one and half year old little boy! Also married. Run my own successful daycare and maintain a pretty busy life. Have been at this for 35 days so far and have lost about 20lbs. but looking to still lose 94 more lbs!! If interested feel free to send me a friend request!!
  • AprilMarie85
    AprilMarie85 Posts: 28 Member
    Yes, im 27 years old and i have 100 to lose! Add me if you'd like. Support is what its all about!
  • emilysuelemus
    emilysuelemus Posts: 66 Member
    Well Im not 30...Im 50 and Im down 92#s! I have at least another 110# to go!! Keep they eye on the prize! you can do it!
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Hi, I'm older than 31 but, I have had great success of my journey so far. I like to add people that need encouragement and enjoy giving it back. Add me if you like. :happy:
  • YellowSummerRoom
    YellowSummerRoom Posts: 22 Member
    I'm 26 (27 next Feb) and I'm pretty much in the same boat. I'm looking to lose 88 to 100lbs. I'm just starting out too please feel free to add me!
  • Jennyd1314
    Jennyd1314 Posts: 61 Member
    Hi I.m in UK, I.m 33, have twins age 4 & have 80 lbs to go (lost 10 since joining about a month ago). Welcome to add me.
  • Congratulations on your first week!! :)

I'm 29, also in HR, and started out at 256lbs.. MFP will help you to reach your goals and lose the 100lbs - you're definitely heading in the right direction! I am down 66lbs and still going (got another 35 to go before I reach where 'I think' I want to be), but I never thought I'd even get this far - it can be a bit of a rollercoaster ride, but it's definitely worth it :) best of luck!!
  • MamaDuckN2MamaWow
    MamaDuckN2MamaWow Posts: 31 Member
    Hello. I'm 29, soon to be 30! I'm married w/ 2 step children - currently unable to have any of my own. I started out with 170 lbs to lose - I've currently lost 23. I gained 150 lbs over the last 10 years, lost 90 lbs at one point, then put it all back on. I'm definitely here for encouragment and advice.