Who needs an accountability buddy?

To make a long story short I’ve been trying to lose 30 pounds for the last 3-4 years.. I am a 26 year old female with a history of hormone imbalance ( was on synthroid now off of it) I have lost 10 pounds but for some reason when I get to the half way point I sabotage myself and gain those 5 pounds back.. I would love to have a judgemnt free place here to share ideas and keep each other motivated! My goal is to be 130 by Jan 1 and I am currently 145( 5’3 32% BF)
I took 3 months off from the gym and dieting because it was becoming unhealthy and I wasn’t losing weight.. but I am now ready to get back into it
If you want to join go ahead and comment and we can be friends and keep in touch! I’ve never had a partner in weight loss before so i am excited to see how it helps!

Replies

• jrflischel
    jrflischel Posts: 1 Member
    I am 66 and
    5'3". I have lost only 3 lbs. since the beginning of sept. I was 157lbs. Now I'm 154lbs. I have a real problem at night .3.00am is not the best to eat muffin or oatmeal.
    The difference in our ages are not important. Just want to help each other keep on track. P.s. I also wAlk a lot.

• Clorentzen1
    Clorentzen1 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! This is exactly what I need! None of my friends stick with me for mfp. Would love the motivation and accountability!
  • jrsepe12
    jrsepe12 Posts: 34 Member
    I could really use the help with motivation and accountability. Been dealing with a thyroid problem and need to lose at least 25lbs. Let’s keep each other on track!
  • jessigoct17
    jessigoct17 Posts: 57 Member
    Hey everyone! Let’s all be friends on here and keep each other on track and be supportive!
  • Lynn5215mfp
    Lynn5215mfp Posts: 2 Member
    I need an accountability buddy!!!
  • kristineal78
    kristineal78 Posts: 9 Member
    Hey Lynn5215mfp I could really use an accountability buddy I have derailed several times this year and haven’t gotten anywhere close to my goal. If you are still looking for someone send me a message 😊
  • jiujitsudad15118
    jiujitsudad15118 Posts: 462 Member
    can add me...ill be honest with ya!
  • Wycaoak
    Wycaoak Posts: 26 Member
    I could use some buddies! 33 years old, ultimate goal is to lose 250 pounds.
  • daciasil
    daciasil Posts: 9 Member
    I would like buddies too!
  • georgiemarsh
    georgiemarsh Posts: 6 Member
    I would like this, totally need accountability buddies!!
  • alice_climbs_rocks
    alice_climbs_rocks Posts: 42 Member
    Me too totally! Send me a private message if you want to match up. My goal is to lose about 7kg so I can rock climb more effectively (not have to haul all this weight up the wall!!).. :D
  • jessigoct17
    jessigoct17 Posts: 57 Member
    Hey everyone! I figure I would post here about updates and sharing tips, giving support etc,

If there is somewhere else better for this type of thing let me know (I don’t know much about MyFitnessPal)

I would like to make Sunday’s our check in days! I am currently set at 1350-1500 calories a day with 3 days in the gym focused on resistance exercises and cardio

I have a Renpho scale which sends all my body info to an app in my phone and tracks it ( weight, body fat %, water, muscle mass etc) i got it on Amazon for like $20 so get one if you are looking for a good scale!

So let’s make next Sunday our first day to check in! I am going to update throughout the week here to share how I am doing and I hope everyone does the same too! Please let’s help each other out we all know this is no easy task xoxo
  • TriniKC
    TriniKC Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I'm new here and would love to have an accountability buddy/buddies. What do I need to do to get started. I'm 49 years old, 5' 6" and weigh approximately 155 lbs. My goal to to be 145 by end of December.
  • deniseross313
    deniseross313 Posts: 4 Member
    I totally need a buddy!!! Anyone interested send me a message!!!
  • tatjanak87
    tatjanak87 Posts: 16 Member
    I would like accountability buddies! I haven't been good about logging food, and have gained back a lot of the weight I lost at one point. Feel free to friend me! How does it work, do we just post a status update in this thread each day?