Personal goal to lose 20lbs over 9 months, looking for plant-based accountability buddy!

Options
Hi all,

I’ve been using myfitnesspal for years. Having lost a lot (too much) weight in the past, I put it all back on and much more through unhealthy eating habits over the past 2 years. My weight has now stabilised and I now want to be in a place where I use myfitnesspal to find a like minded community of people who want to be healthy as opposed to using it because I’m addicted to it.

I am aware you shouldn’t set weight based goals and should instead focus on behavioural goals (eg exercise 4x/week) if you want to improve your health. However, I think I am carrying around 20lbs more than my body needs to because of my current bad habits. The weight crept up slowly, and I want to lose the weight slowly and sustainably though a healthy diet and lifestyle. I am training for a marathon in April too. It would be great to find an accountability buddy so we could cheer each other on! - stuff like sharing recipes, encouraging each other to exercise or just having someone to tell when you achieve a personal goal!

I personally struggle wirh the veganiam at the moment and will break it when snacking impulsively, so sticking to my morals is a goal at the moment.

Would be great to find someone else to who is also plant based and wants to /does mostly focus on whole foods.

Whether your goal is to lose or gain weight, build muscle or try and just follow a plant-based diet it would be great to have an accountability buddy. Can’t wait to hear from you!

****If you do think you’re in a phase where you need to take a break from myfitnesspal/you’re abusing it/you think you need help - please, please listen to yourself and go and do it. You can always come back to it when you’re in a better place!

Replies

• provon
    provon Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi Krissie, I have bee mostly WFPB for 2 years for health, ethical and environmental reasons. Have you seen the movie The Gamechangers yet? So inspirational. I also have been off and on MFP for a few years and want to lose about 25 pounds. I am a daily exerciser but struggle with chocolate cravings and portion size. Would like to connect with you for support and consistency. Nicole
  • krissie807
    krissie807 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole, I have and it's amazing! Same with me, I find it easier to exercise than to deal with cravings and portion size. Will message you privately :)