Beginning of my 8 week journey

Options
hellolichipan
hellolichipan Posts: 3 Member
edited October 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello everyone,

I lost all motivation for a while and decided this week that I need to start eating better and train more.

Due to high stress levels from work and having to travel frequently I stopped exercising and eating well. I'd often head to uber eats and order mcdonalds late at night :0 if nobody saw the calories wouldn't matter ... (so I thought)

I've decided as the year is drawing to an end to start exercising more and eating well. If anybody has any tips on training in your room or eating plans which help when they're travelling please share?

Thanks for reading... the support is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands easily fit into any suitcase so are great for travelling. If safe, exploring the visiting neighbourhood on foot when you have the opportunity is great too.
    If you have to eat out, look online for menus for places in your area and chose options that fit within your calories. Eat light for other meals in the day. A salad and some sliced deli meat from the supermarket can work. That or a small tub of yoghurt and a piece of fruit, or a protein bar ......
  • hellolichipan
    hellolichipan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Any recommendations for good resistance bands??
  • julanig612
    julanig612 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    There are many workouts on YouTube for free, available on a laptop, tablet or even phone if you are traveling light. From cardio or HIIT or yoga ranging from 5 minutes to 1+ hr. So you can fit it in anywhere without equipment needed. A good app for busy days is 7 minutes. Literally 7 minutes of bodyweight exercises. Totes doable
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I seriously depend upon my fitness tracker to help me sort out my activity level when I travel. Car rides involve less steps than humping luggage through airports. My step counts vary wildly and so does my schedule. I try to even things out on the hotel fitness room treadmill if they have one. Resistance bands do travel pretty well, and I like some of the body-weight work out apps and books like "You Are Your Own Gym" for ideas.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I enjoy popsugarfitness and fitnessblender on YouTube. Both have great workouts that only use body weight so they are easy to do anywhere.