I lost my streak

Options
I had a logging streak of over 430+ days, and I lost it this weekend. I had an extremely stressful month at work/professionally and this weekend my niece and I went out of town as I had to take a certification exam. I passed the exam and to celebrate I let myself splurge for 2 days straight, and didn't log any of it. To be honest, my eating patterns lately have been more at maintenance level even though I still have ~60 lbs. to lose. I've also dropped exercise from 3+ days per week to ~1 day per week this past month. I'm an addictions counselor and I can't help but think I've had a bit of a relapse. My stress level seems to be going back to normal so I can make my health a priority again but I'm afraid now that I don't have my streak to uphold I'll have a hard time with motivation, especially with the holidays coming. I guess I just wanted to vent with some people who understand and maybe gain some support or insight. Thank you in advance.

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    There will always be obstacles as you listed, but just chalk it up and move on fresh. Cliche' I know but what else ya going to do besides quit? Don't let that be an option. Don't let the next holiday be an excuse to binge or whatever.
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words and support. I suppose I now have a new challenge to beat 😊
  • Jameslagergren6725
    Options
    Keep going one day at a time. You got this.