Targeting back fat

Hi I want to start doing some workouts for targeting back fat. Do you know any workouts that are best for this?

As this is a huge problem area for me and I really don’t know where to start.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Start with weight loss.

Spot reduction via exercise doesn't work.

Exercise affects muscles, and burns calories. Calorie intake less than calorie expenditure burns fat, and it tends to come off first wherever it came on last, and certainly in an order you don't get to choose, sadly.

Best wishes!
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Back exercises will give your back a nice shape but aside from the calorie burn they won’t help you get rid of fat. That being said, rack pulls and pushups are a couple of my favorite exercises. Deadlifts are good for everything. Lat pull downs and seated rows are good.
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Hey friend,

Fat targetting is actually not possible all you need to do is keep on keeping on and sooner than later that stubborn fat will be vaporized!!! Unfortunately we can't pick and choose where to Shed those nasty lipid deposits!

Fun Fact: The visceral stomach fat is here to shedthe most stubborn and the last area that fat deposits will disappear from... trust me I know from experience love my beer belly!!
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Fat never burns where you want it first, my love handles will vouch for me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    chunl5274 wrote: »
    Hi I want to start doing some workouts for targeting back fat. Do you know any workouts that are best for this?

You can't target fat loss...spot reduction is not a thing. You just have to continue to lose weight. Generally speaking, "problem areas" or "stubborn fat" is usually primary fat stores and they are a first on, last off type of thing.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Plate pushes and spoon drops.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    chunl5274 wrote: »

You can't target fat loss...spot reduction is not a thing. You just have to continue to lose weight. Generally speaking, "problem areas" or "stubborn fat" is usually primary fat stores and they are a first on, last off type of thing.

While I definitely agree with this for the most part, in my experience I considered my belly fat and back fat both as my biggest problem spots. Back fat diminished quickly, in the early part of my weight loss...belly fat is still hanging on (though much smaller) much much later.

Which is to say of course...you can't pick and choose what goes and what stays!