Hi I'm 62, here again after 5 years. :)

Hi All
I am returning to using the food diary app, however this time I hope to also use these boards for accountability. I was doing pretty great five years ago, except I tried using facebook for accountability... but realized it was not the right place for that, lol!! Kids were still home then, in high school, hubbie and I stayed together to just raise them. After our last baby, I gained 20lbs and he lost interest.... I gained a bunch more after that. Finally, remembered I used to love being fit, hiking, exercising etc. So in spite of fearing complicating our relationship, I decided to get back into shape. I didn't trust my husband's love if he could just turn it off like he did. When I started to do well using this tool and exercising (alternated treadmill and turbo jam which I loved). My silly mind/fears stopped me short when I started getting compliments after losing 25 lbs. With my own weird fears relating to the relationship, and after a bout with a stuck kidney stone that wouldn't break up first try. I was living with an enormously uncomfortable stent in my ureter for 2 weeks... so no exercising... I lost my excercising mojo... I maintained some of my healthy diet but some of it was what caused the stone.... I over did dark leafy greens and such... Five years later and losts of life things that created great excuses for me to slip into bad eating habits and too much wine drinking lol! I am finally in my own home with my youngest with asperger's, still good friends with husband (concluded my youngest inherited asperger's from him) but soon to be divorced, back to my highest weight, and ready to get back on the path of better health and weight and energy. Wow this is a pretty convoluted story, sorry. It is my what brought me here story, the why is that I want to be around to watch my kids create their own lives and also be a part of them. But just as much, I want to get back to me again. I loved being fit, being able to hike most places without huffing and puffing and slowing everyone down. Sometime in this journey I would like to pursue a course of study that will train me to be the support person for others to start their journey to health. Help them battle their demons. So I am here for support and to give support, because this time is the real deal, not a practice run. I want to learn as much as I can and become my first success story. I look forward to being part of all of this... I work more hours that I would like and have a long drive to and from work, so it will be challenging in this forum setting, I hope to connect with a few people I can be there for and rely on, and just do my best to support those I can when I am able. So there it is, I'm here and I'm ready to get started.
Onward!
Shell

Replies

• CharlesScott78
    CharlesScott78 Posts: 203 Member
    Welcome back! I am just back after a long and weight gaining hiatus myself. Congrats on making a start!
  • shellJenell
    shellJenell Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you Charles, Congrats to your return as well. :smile:
  • virginiaduty
    virginiaduty Posts: 17 Member
    shellJenell..... would love to be friends on here but still learning how the discussions work
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,255 Member
    Welcome folks, good luck with your journey, you can add me as a friend if you want I'm nearly 57 goal is to lose another 11lbs and get fitter as my hips, back and knee are painful at times.
  • shellJenell
    shellJenell Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks Virginia and Annliz, I don't know how to work the forum yet either. LOL. Little by little trying to figure things out. I will try to figur some of it out this weekend. and see if I can friend you guys. Want to create accountability, keep things rolling. This time is the real deal no going back. :)
  • annliz23
    Happy November stay strong and be motivated
  • annliz23
    Hope your all achieving your goals it takes time to change and get fitter or to just become healthier, hope your all having success!
  • CarbsAndCompounds
    CarbsAndCompounds Posts: 281 Member
    Hey! Welcome back! So glad you are here 💛
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    welcome back - just sent you a friend request