Serial starters who finally succeeded?

I’m starting again for what seems like the 1000th time and I’m just curious if any other serial starters finally succeeded in losing the weight? I know lots of us lose a bit and then get derailed and gain it all back and have to start over, it gets pretty discouraging, sometimes feeling like you’ll never hit your goals... Would love to hear your stories for some extra encouragement!

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    I’m not at my goal weight yet but I was a serial starter for a very long time. I lost and regained the same 10-15 lbs I don’t even know how many times.

September 2018 I finally got serious about my weight loss. Lost 50 lbs. I kind of fell off the wagon while I was training for my half marathon and gained a little back but I only have 30-35 lbs to go and am back on the wagon now hoping to hit my goal in April. For the first time ever actually feel like I will absolutely reach my goal.

I’ve found that persistence, not perfection is they key to actually making the progress I wanted to make. My biggest problem before was that one bad day or week and I’d give up completely and go back to all my bad habits because I’d “ruined” my progress anyway. But the truth is that you can’t undo all your progress in a day. So you have to move past the one bad day and just do better the next day. Keep at it and eventually you’ll be amazed by the results you see.