Toxic trait

Options
shaf238
shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
What's your toxic trait? What makes you not such a nice human being?

Spill the beans (is that your toxic trait? that you spill all the beans?)

Replies

• _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I'm extremely stubborn and often insecure
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I think mine would be holding a grudge internally. I don't always say when something has really bothered me and it can lead to me feeling a little resentful at times. It is something I'm aware of and working on.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    My mood flips on a dime, and I change my mind a *lot*
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I can be incredibly impatient sometimes. I never really flip out people but feel a sort of anger of it inside me. I’m really unorganised and usually leave everything to the last second...and my spontaneity doesn’t always vibe with everyone...
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I have a really bad temper and hold grudges forever.
    I'm always dependent on one person for all of my emotional needs.
    I steal the covers at night :)
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    i mean everyone is stubborn or moody or picky or anxious or insecure sometimes so imo y’all just need a group hug and aren’t like “toxic” at all

If you ever wanna hear a sad story with a bad ending, lemme know and I can hook you up with my definition of "toxic" traits :)
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Extreme lack of confidence. I constantly second guess myself. I'm very indecisive. I often think of the worst outcome in every situation.. Sometimes even in situations that haven't even happened yet. I bottle up my emotions/feelings.

Daaaamn, Imma mess!

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    i learned awhile back my regular thoughts and tastes in music and art sometimes depress the hell out of other people but nowadays most of the time i keep it to myself

I adore melancholic, dark, atmospheric music and lyrics are so important. I dunno it’s a catharsis thing. My old housemate was showing me this techno music he was really digging and I’m just like “this is robot music, I could literally *kitten* this out in fruity loops
    In half an hour... where the emotions man.. how could u like this? How could anyone even enjoy this?”Lmao....

You could be a nihilist? That can also be extremely liberating.
    i1m1c010aj72.gif

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I got nuthin'.
  • mtndewme
    Options
    i learned awhile back my regular thoughts and tastes in music and art sometimes depress the hell out of other people but nowadays most of the time i keep it to myself

same but I don't keep it to myself hehehe I mostly exist online to everyone I know so they can just not look if they don't like it.
  • mtndewme
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I got nuthin'.

A perfect being, I knew it! ;)
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

Welcome to my world, yo.

As far as other traits that are probably toxic (but that I have worked on):

I am hyper critical of others and myself, sometimes to the point of becoming easily irritable and annoyed with how others do things.
    I can be manipulative and use guilt as a means to get people to do what I want or make them feel terrible.

**To be fair to myself**

I have worked on these both (particularly the second one). I realized that they are traits I picked up from both of my parents and that I realized I did not want to be like them, particularly things I had to endure while growing up. The guilt is a trait I picked up from my father, the hyper critical (better than you) attitude, my mother.

It was only after the second trait was blatantly pointed out to me by my spouse that I started working on it. Before that point, I didn't even realize I was doing it.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    I overthink. I avoid attachment. I want people to be open with me but I have a hard time opening up to people... ummm I'm not sure I'm doing this right lol
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I got nuthin'.

Hello fellow perfect brethren
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Relationship insecurity and overthinking.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I'm often judgemental/critical not just of others but also myself. I also often feel like I have to justify myself.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I can be pretty judgmental...but I have to say I've gotten much better about this over time. I was WAY worse in my late twenties.
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Procrastinator in da house🙌🤘😩
    Very hard time making up my mind .....once i do it solid but ugh it takes ages!!!
    And I talk too much..... yup shocking right??😐
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I have a hard time advocating for myself and saying no to things I am uncomfortable with taking on.

I also overthink and catastrophize things.