Buying new clothes

Options
hmhill17
hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
edited October 2019 in Chit-Chat
I have two pairs of shorts that don't fall off without a belt and all of my shirts are now baggy. Since my goal weight should drop me 2-4 more inches, in theory, I don't want to spend money on stuff that's going to be too big in a few months.
I'm about to box up everything and store it, but I want to replace it on the cheap first. Where do you go to get inexpensive stuff? I've been checking summer clearance sales etc, but even that seems to be more than I want to spend. Mainly just need tshirts and shorts to bum around the house since I work from home and only venture out an hour or so a day.

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    thrift stores and places like TJ Maxx, or the heavily discounted clearance racks at stores like Macy's.

Thrift stores seem to be a better option for women than men since a lot of men wear their clothes 'til they are worn out before replacing. But even my husband has good luck sometimes in thrift stores.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I only wear Prada, Versace and Dolce & Gabbana.

Balenciaga for the gym.

... and sometimes the sale rack at Target.

okay, mostly Target.

• s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Does Tom Ford have an outlet?
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    Congrats! This is a def win mate. Nice job!

I go to thrift stores. You can usually find some decent stuff at decent prices. Just...wash it a few times before you wear it.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Consignment stores, goodwill, church thrift stores.

I never got rid of my smaller clothes, so I'm lucky there. 😉