YoungGun11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Meat....
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    What are some good high protein foods
    Also protein bars

Beef, pork, poultry, fish, eggs, Greek yogurt, dairy, etc...

I don't know anything about protein bars other than a lot of them are glorified candy bars.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,187 Member
    Options
    Check out this thread:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also

It links to a spreadsheet that lists many, many foods in order by protein efficiency, most protein for fewest calories.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Don't leave out the vegetarian/vegan options as most whole foods contain protein - fruits, vegetables, Beans, seeds/nuts, tofu, TVP, seitan
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    What are some good high protein foods
    Also protein bars

Beef, pork, poultry, fish, eggs, Greek yogurt, dairy, etc...

I don't know anything about protein bars other than a lot of them are glorified candy bars.

Yup, someone here referred to protein bars as "candy bars in gym clothes," which I found very insightful

I was eating way too many of them. I would never have considered eating that many Snickers bars. Now I limit myself to one 5 pack per month.
  • Bradleys8299
    Bradleys8299 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love the premier protein shakes, powders, and bars.
    Decent calories & a good amount of protein.
    Other than that, I try to stick to eggs, chicken, beans, shrimp, & yogurt. I usually prep about 10 boiled eggs and have them ready to grab for the next couple of days and then repeat. It's a filling snack and a good amount of protein. Or make an egg salad sandwich. Yum!
    I love making chicken nachos and pile it high with chicken, beans, & cheese.
    Or I'll make some spicy shrimp ramen. It's so delicious and filling. I'll make the ramen noodles without the seasoning packet, throw in some chicken broth, shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, whatever veggies and extra seasonings you want to add, sriracha, a ton of shrimp and voila!