Stressed spelled backwards is desserts...

Options
There’s been a stressful situation at work. It feels out off my control to solve. When I got home from work, I wanted to eat. All I could think about was eating something sweet and not caring about calories. It’s also the first time I just wanted to quit MFP completely. It’s not like I have been all that successful. I’m so mad that I take situations at work so seriously. Ugh... I just needed to vent.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

I keep a bag of Hershey dark chocolate kisses in the fridge. You might want to try it. If you're craving something sweet, take one and let it dissolve in your mouth. There are barely any calories for just one. 😉
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    all desserts don't have to have tons of calories.. find something that is your splurge that keeps you losing . you can do this.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    Sorry your day was so difficult! I hope tomorrow will be better. :flowerforyou:

Are there other things that are stress busters for you? Some common ones are yoga/stretching, bubblebath, meditation, relaxing music, an outdoor walk somewhere pretty, cup of relaxing herb tea, etc. Often, the easiest way to break an old and undesired habit is to substitute a new habit.

Best wishes!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,946 Member
    Options
    When I get stressful all I want to do is to go for a long bicycle ride or hike in the country.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I find spiced hot tea is a helpful low calorie substitute when you need to put something comforting in your mouth. Hope the work situation improves!