Adult onset asthma

I’ve always had a mild form of asthma. Take a quick puff on my inhaler before a workout & I’m fine. However in the past few months my asthma has exploded! I am eager to get into a strong workout routine but still coming off a wicked exacerbation. This is all very new to me. I could use all the advice on this matter I can get!!

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    I'm an adult onset asthma sufferer.

I take a preventative every day, and use my reliever right before exercising.

Best advice, talk to your dr
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    See your doctor!
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    See Dr. You probably have albuterol but might ask him/her about putting you on Flovent.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    edited October 2019
    Buy some humidity meters, and humidifiers. Keep the humidity around 60%.

My kitty has adult onset asthma and we have to do more Albuterol when the air is dry, since I figured this out it's much less.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, and you're not a cat.

Edit to add these work fine: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NSYQQGC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_ztZpWqpVLYcJH
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Yep, See your Doc.

However, tone down your intensity but go longer think low and slow and longer... also try eucalyptus oil(might help you)
    The idea is to stay relaxed during the work portion of your training... if you can feel the onset of an asthma attack hop off the treadmill and take long slow deep breaths to regain your composure... then slowly wank back into your routine
    I'm sure, the doctor also provides steroidal inhalers

All, the best!:)