Help?... go over calorie goal to meet calories burnt?

Options
So my calorie goal per day is 1360 but after I've done exercise it says + 600 do i need to meet that 600 or stay at the goal. I've just been feeling a lot more tired than usual this week sleeping through alarms etc. Am I not getting enough fuel or what? Confused🤯

Replies

• fairytale_babe
    fairytale_babe Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Any help at all...🤣
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    That's extra cal (exercise cal) you can eat in addition to your cal set by the app.
  • fairytale_babe
    fairytale_babe Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Ah ok thank you guys!
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Yes. MFP is designed to eat your exercise calories. The original number already includes the deficit you entered (for example, 500 calorie deficit for -1 lb/week loss).

In reality, some exercise calorie calculations are too generous, so you may need to experiment to find the correct amount to eat back and still get the weight loss you desire. Many people start by eating half of the exercise calories. After about 6 weeks, you should have enough data to adjust.

However, if after the first 2 weeks, you are still losing more than 2 lbs a week, add in more calories right away.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to eat your exercise calories back if you use MFP to set your calorie goals. MFP uses the NEAT formula to set your goal, which does not include exercise. If you exercise, you need to eat more to fuel your body. As Kimny mentioned, sometimes the calories are inflated, so you may want to experiment with eating less than the 600 to see how you feel. But you should at least eat some of them back to account for your exercise.