Brandy New

Options
Hi All, I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Eric and 58 years old and 265. Looking to get healthy, lose weight and adopt a healthier lifestyle.
I would like to meet similar people for motivation and becoming online support buddy(ies). I have a plan to lose 100 pounds and am using My Fitness Pal to assist me. If anyone would like to be online buddies and help one another then feel free to contact me and see how we can help each other.

Replies

• echojuliet21
    echojuliet21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Eric and 59 years old and 260. Looking to get healthy, lose weight and adopt a healthier lifestyle. I tried this last year and for the first 4 months did very well on a keto diet, However fell off the wagon and gained the weight back throughout the summer. I'm back at it again with more knowledge and using more tech to assist me in tracking my progress
    I would like to meet similar people for motivation and becoming online support buddy(ies). I have a plan to lose 100 pounds and am using My Fitness Pal to assist me. If anyone would like to be online buddies and help one another then feel free to contact me and see how we can help each other.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome back, Eric! I wish you the best! What is your plan for losing 100 pounds?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Just remember, you eat the elephant one bite at a time. Make small, sustainable changes. Once you’ve got one change down, add in another. What changes are you planning?
  • echojuliet21
    echojuliet21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Welcome back, Eric! I wish you the best! What is your plan for losing 100 pounds?
    I have filled in as much as the MFP as I could and will be using my bluetooth scale (Withings) and Garmin watch to track activities such as food diary and exercise. I lacked this before. I hired a dietician to outline a meal plan for me concentrating on lower cholesterol and sugar based on cardiologist report and blood tests. I used December as a spring board so it's not a shock. I will be doing intermittent fasting with my last meal at 8pm and lunch the next day lunch at 1pm. My GF is supporting me and cooking dinners per instructions from dietician and walking with me in morning, as well as being on the bluetooth scale. I am looking to strengthen my self discipline and using MFP as motivation.

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,705 Member
    Options
    Eric, I absolutely love that you are going into this with a plan, a goal, and most importantly, seeking help and support from
    Loved ones and pros.

My dietician was a huge help getting me started, and reassuring me that I wasn’t going to die of malnutrition any time soon, lol. It’s amazing how we have to learn to do something as primal as eat!!!