Sports day

Options
It was my high school's sports day today. I got asked to do the staff race. 400m. I've been trying to improve my fitness so I said yeah, sure. Then I realised that only the super competitive male staff agreed to do it, and my female friend who is super amazing and very athletic. So I obviously regretted my decision and wanted to bail...but didn't wanna be a hypocrite when I tell the kids it's all about the taking part and not to be afraid of doing things you're not the best at. So, I still did it. I came in last place obvs, as in sooooo last place, but still did it. I never would have done that a few years ago, or even been able to run 400m without stopping. So, mini proud moment. And the students loved that I took part, at least!

Replies

• hotpepr2018
    hotpepr2018 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Way to "walk the talk!'
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You turned that into a teachable moment for those kids. I applaud you. 👏
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Showing up is the most important part. It was a good lesson to impart among those kids and I'm sure it earned you respect among the staff as well.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Congrats. People may not realize how inspiring they are to others when they get out there and do it. Someone noticed and smiled. I bet that.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Walk (or run) the Talk!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!