It's time

Options
misclaire81
misclaire81 Posts: 33 Member
edited October 2019 in Getting Started
I've been avid user of MFP on and off for years and years. I've yoyo'd over that time, and I'm currently sitting at 97kg.

At my lightest I was 80, and I was actually happy with my shape and how I felt. I'll be happy to get back to that.

I've found it hard to stick to routine since having my son, as a parent you can fall into the habit of not putting yourself first and neglecting what you really need. I've also suffered on and off with what has now been diagnosed as IBS, so going through the fodmap process to try and work out triggers is fun. In a nut shell, it's milk, *kitten* processed food, and too much alcohol, AND the type of alcohol (FML!). I had to switch to plant based vegan protein, because whey just went through me.. but anyway.. I'm feeling pretty good at the moment and this week is the first week I'm back at consistently tracking my foods.

I'm going to make an effort to get involved in the forums. I've been doing this on and off for a while, I know what I need to do and how to do it, it's just getting it done, and if I can learn from others too, or offer advice, I will. Sometimes it takes a village, and bit of unwavering motivation.

Cx

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Self-care and putting yourself first is so very important yet easily forgotten, as you noted. I liked your post on the other thread from the poster who is struggling with themselves. You have a great mind-set. Keep tweaking your diet until you find what works for you and what doesn't. IBS can be tricky and inconsistent but it is manageable. Good luck and keep active here!