Stop annoying push notifications

Options
Does anyone know how to stop the push notifications of "you haven't logged your lunch today" etc. I'm tired of my phone going off 3x a day, I log intermittently as I'm maintaining I don't need to log constantly.

Replies

• Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    -->Settings -->notifications

Probably works. I usually turn off notifications for most apps on my phone settings.

• rutzsa
    rutzsa Posts: 52 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    if you find an answer, let me know. It has been annoying me too! Reminders are all off, and push notifications only pertain to personal messages.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    rutzsa wrote: »
    if you find an answer, let me know. It has been annoying me too! Reminders are all off, and push notifications only pertain to personal messages.

^^ see posts above telling you how to sort it.
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    Options
    There is no option for that under push notifications
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in the MFP settings you should be able to turn them off. I used Android and tend to not let apps do push notifications at all if they annoy me. I just killed my streaming music service's ability to do this because they spammed me about "rock the vote." (I know about voting, don't set my phone off.)
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It’s under Reminders. In the app, choose More>Reminders. Then you can turn it on or off by meal.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    cbihatt wrote: »
    It’s under Reminders. In the app, choose More>Reminders. Then you can turn it on or off by meal.

Yes, Reminders is the correct place for it. Did you set those up yourself at one point though? I've never had any reminders pushed to me from the app.
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    Options
    No my reminders are off
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Android or iOS? What version?
  • rutzsa
    rutzsa Posts: 52 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I think I figured it out.....if you go to settings > reminders....it is not enough to have the times toggled off, but if you click on them you can delete them entirely.
  • 99991Charlemagne
    99991Charlemagne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I experienced in both iOS and Android. Never set them up. Reminders was exactly the place to turn them off.
  • hardin2206
    hardin2206 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    1. This feature is frigging obnoxious and should be off by default.
    2. Love the commenters here giving vague and or incorrect instructions, then having the audacity to say "^^ see posts above telling you how to sort it" when their instructions were wrong in the first place. If you dont know, why comment? If someone said your wild unverified guess didn't work, and you dont bother to actually log in and try it, why comment again??
  • KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    @hardin2206

The board is 6 months old. I'm sure they figured it out.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,609 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    <nvm>
  • Astro_R53
    Astro_R53 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    all of my push notifications are switched off but I still receive annoying pop ups telling me I haven't logged a particular meal. The meal reminders are also switched off. How do I turn off these annoying notifications? If I choose to eat once a day I don't want to be hounded to enter data that i'm clearly not going to have, its really alloying
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,602 Member
    Options
    Astro_R53 wrote: »
    all of my push notifications are switched off but I still receive annoying pop ups telling me I haven't logged a particular meal. The meal reminders are also switched off. How do I turn off these annoying notifications? If I choose to eat once a day I don't want to be hounded to enter data that i'm clearly not going to have, its really alloying

Somehow MFP push notifications in your phone settings must still be on. If they were off, your phone wouldn't let it come through. Go into your phone settings and check your push notifications for MFP.