Grapes..UGH

Options
coronalime
coronalime Posts: 583 Member
Why cant there be at least some what of a calorie guide on them. 1 site says 62 calories per cup another has 150 cup and another says 3-4 calories per grape so about 100 calories per cup. I am siding on the higher one I guess.
SAme with chicken...if you search grilled chicken breast on this site you get 25 answers with all different calorie amount all over the spectrum

Replies

• Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    I don't always agree with what this site says. The problem is that anyone can enter anything. I usually look for government based nutritional sites and see what they say. Then I find the one that is the same on here, or close enough. If there isn't one I add it. There is a good one on here for both grapes and chicken, you just need to know what you are looking for. :-)
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I guess about 3 cals per grape. I found that on here which seem accurate enough to me. That way I can count by the grape and not cups or grams, because those never seem accurate to me interms of measurement of grapes :-)
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Yes, unfortunately because the MFP entries are my other folks like us, who may or may not research their information, it can be a gamble. BUT I have learned to go with a higher calorie to ensure that I am not cheating myself on the losing end! Plus there are other medical sites where you can glean the information and plug it in here for yourself. Time consuming and frustrating sometimes, but doable. Just keep logging those calories and enjoy your journey!
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    Whenever I question something on this site I check it on http://caloriecount.about.com/ or google it.
  • RMX82
    RMX82 Posts: 172
    Options
    Whether it is 62 75 or 105, they are grapes so they are somewhat healthy for ya! I have checked the info on other sites and their grapes information is all over the place as well. Grapes come in different sizes so I wouldn't go by calories per grape. I'd just pick one that is a measurement, preferably in grams measured on a food scale and just stick with it. If you take in 30 extra calories for grapes its not going to kill ya.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Why cant there be at least some what of a calorie guide on them. 1 site says 62 calories per cup another has 150 cup and another says 3-4 calories per grape so about 100 calories per cup. I am siding on the higher one I guess.
    SAme with chicken...if you search grilled chicken breast on this site you get 25 answers with all different calorie amount all over the spectrum

I only do by weight, never cups, cups can be different sizes and stuff can be squashed into them meaning more food is there.

Grapes, seedless green - 1lb = 292 calories - 1lb = 456g