Flavoured water?

Options
Apologies if this isn't supposed to go here but I dunno if it fits anywhere any better. But flavoured water. Like the Volvox stuff. Watermelon, apple, berry etc. Is that okay to drink 2 litres of a day or does it have to be straight, flavourless water?

Replies

• shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    It's fine :)
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Water is in food and beverages that we consume, and it all counts. Thirst is a good indicator. You can tell by light, straw colored urine output whether or not you are hydrated adequately.
  • aries68mc
    aries68mc Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You might try flavoring it yourself - those bottled ones I'm sure are loaded with additives you don't need. I will occasionally make a pitcher of flavored water using just strawberries, cucumber, lemon, whatever. I have one of those infusion pitchers where you put what you are using to flavor in a cylinder that immerses in the water.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    As far as hydration goes, it's fine.

I think the one you mentioned is basically a diet soda without the bubbles. If you are okay with those ingredients, then drink it. If you would prefer tea, coffee, coke zero, or something else, have that instead.

I actually learned to appreciate plain water after GERD (reflux) took away all the other options. But, I prefer to drink ones with some natural taste/minerals. Most bottled waters are completely tasteless which I guess other people enjoy, but I grew up drinking spring water.