How far should goals go?

Options
2»

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Ideally any goal and any objective should go all the way to the day the objective was set for. If there is no closing date, it's not a goal. That's the reason why I set myself mini - goals, once I have achieved it, I set myself the next one.

I disagree. Of course a goal can have an open-ended closing date. A disciplined person can push towards a goal as it is appropriate. I like to say that we need to push ourselves not shove ourselves. Arbitrarily picking a closing date could result in the latter. This is a learning process and the most important part is knowing how much we can handle and how fast. It is sometimes forgotten that life is not always clean and orderly.

A fiber goal can be tricky for instance. If you go too fast you may experience a lot of discomfort and bathroom issues. If it involves food that is very different than normal it is a bigger adjustment there too.

• weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I just read Chia Seeds are great for fiber. Sprinkle on yogurt or put some in your smoothie?

Chia seeds are tiny black seeds that are immensely popular in the natural health community.

They’re highly nutritious, containing high amounts of magnesium, phosphorus and calcium.

Chia seeds may also be the single best source of fiber on the planet.

Fiber content: 10.6 grams per ounce of dried chia seeds, or 34.4 grams per 100 grams (30)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Dry chia seeds stick in my teeth. I've read they can be soaked for as little as 15 minutes but I prefer at least a few hours or, even better, overnight. I soak 1/2 T in a 1/4 C water, but for more fiber, use larger quantities.

Overnight oats with berries and chia seeds would have a decent fiber count, and you can include Greek yogurt and a half scoop of protein powder for protein.

Here are other good sources of fiber: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/22-high-fiber-foods