Drink ideas

Options
enriquen1
enriquen1 Posts: 19 Member
Cutting out coffee and soft drinks from our diets. Any ideas to add besides water. Trying to cut sugar and calories

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    enriquen1 wrote: »
    Cutting out coffee and soft drinks from our diets. Any ideas to add besides water. Trying to cut sugar and calories

If you are also cutting caffeine:

Diet soda (caffeine free) including "Sparkling Water Beverages"
    Seltzer (plain or flavored)
    Crystal Light, Mio, or any other concentrated diet drink additives (NOT the "energy" ones)
    Plain water with fruit
    Herbal tea

If you don't care about caffeine:

Any diet soda
    Black coffee
    Plain tea
    Sugar free energy drinks
    Mio or Crystal Light energy water additives

If you are avoiding artificial sweeteners:

Seltzer
    Black coffee
    Plain tea
    Water with fruit

• enriquen1
    Options
    Ty for the ideas. They are very helpful. We are cutting soda completely and coffee whether decaffeinated or not because of acid reflux
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    enriquen1 wrote: »
    Ty for the ideas. They are very helpful. We are cutting soda completely and coffee whether decaffeinated or not because of acid reflux

If you currently drink caffeine, make sure you don't eliminate it cold turkey. Caffeine withdrawal is a b**ch to get through.
  • enriquen1
    Options
    Don't I know it lol. I tried but cant. Hubby needs to but I'm keeping my latte so I stay sane lol. Figured out with the way we have started eating I can keep my treat. Have cut pop and stuff like that though. Bread is the worst.
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My go to drinks are: flavored seltzers, Mio water flavorings, and flavored teas. My favorite though is the teas. Hot or cold they just seem to satisfy my need for flavor in my drinks, no sugar necessary to taste great.
  • enriquen1
    Options
    I love flavoured teas. I find if I take a sweet one it helps with my sugar cravings