CBD?

Options
Opinions on CBD products. Anything you use and benefits you see? Thanks much.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,266 Member
    Options
    My friends swore by it for joint problems. As far as I could see, neither consuming it nor applying it topically had much effect, for me. (I used the same brand they did.) I gave it a lengthy, honest trial.

I don't have anxiety problems, AFAIK, but saw no effect on mood, either.

Others' mileage will differ.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Didn't work for me.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I concur that the other active ingredient has been more therapeutic for me.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Neither ingredient helped me very much unfortunately
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I use topical CBD in my neck, knees and sometimes the lower back, and it has been very helpful for me, better than Voltaren Cream or gel. I know that some people use the gummies or the oil but I am very concerned about ingesting CBD in any type or form even when I know that THC is not part of the formulation.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I had very high hopes for CBD but seems like it's not much of a help for anything,well not as outstanding as the claims, would use the other active ingredient but I don't like how I feel😵
  • Gisel2015
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I had very high hopes for CBD but seems like it's not much of a help for anything,well not as outstanding as the claims, would use the other active ingredient but I don't like how I feel😵

Sorry that it didn't work for you, but as I and @ookoolady reported above, we both had help and relief using topical CBD. All kind of meds, OTC and/or prescription meds, have different results (or none), or side effects, depending on the user.

Have you tried Diclofenac topical cream? It is a prescription med but not cheap, that is why my insurance only pays for the generic version (Voltaren). For me, the generic version is not as effective as the original one, although I still use it when I run out of CBD. So me relief is better than none ;)
  • Gisel2015
    Options
    How could it be a fad or a snake oil if It "helps some people with certain things?" Did you use topical CBD cream for any of your ailments or OA pain?
  • Gisel2015
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @ ookoolady
    I agree, but since it is an OTC product with many manufacturers in the picture, and knowing by training and experience what involves to have a product in a clinical trial, it will never happen. Unless a major pharmaceutical company or the government get involved, and in that case you may have the FDA involved too.

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Interesting thoughts, thanks much.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I'm only aware of one treatment for certain types of seizures that has been clinically evaluated, leading to the drug Epidiolex. There is some evidence on treatment for pain and anxiety, but that is preliminary at this time.

The rest of the claims are unsubstantiated by any studies at this point and are anecdotal, and some of the claims seem to be going straight into snake oil territory. While anecdotes provide some guidance on areas for further study, the plural of anecdote is not data.
  • Gisel2015
    Options
    @The_Enginerd

Your comment must be referring to CBD oil or "gummies," in general. In my postings I was only referring to CBD topical cream. I never took the oil or ingested the gummies because I am not comfortable putting those things in my body even when I know that they do not have THC. But I do know of several people with painful OA that find relief with the oil. The cream works for me, and it has also be recommended by three doctors.

I am glad that Epidiolex works for children suffering of some forms of epilepsy. It has only been approved last year, but is still good news.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    whitpauly wrote: »

Sorry that it didn't work for you, but as I and @ookoolady reported above, we both had help and relief using topical CBD. All kind of meds, OTC and/or prescription meds, have different results (or none), or side effects, depending on the user.

Have you tried Diclofenac topical cream? It is a prescription med but not cheap, that is why my insurance only pays for the generic version (Voltaren). For me, the generic version is not as effective as the original one, although I still use it when I run out of CBD. So me relief is better than none ;)

I never said anything about using it for pain,I wanted it to work for my terrible insomnia and sometimes anxiety cuz I'd rather use it than any meds but like someone stated there's all kinds of different manufacturers and I'm sure I just haven't found the right one or heck maybe it just doesn't work for some people,I'm not sure it's snake oil but from my personal experience and from what Ive read and heard from others it's NOT the miracle cure it's all cracked up to be🤷
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've been trying it for poor sleep, after being recommended it by a friend. It would be great if it works, and would also be good for the knee pain I get sometimes. I've only been trying it for a week or so (a drop under the tonge at night), and not sure if there has been any improvement in my sleep (which is only sporadically poor). It tastes pretty rank though!