Cup of Lemon tea will keep me slim?

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you stir the tea counterclockwise to counteract the lemony fatburnitrons in the tea and you should be all set. Counterclockwise, counteract — see? Solid science.

This. :drinker:
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    It's a myth. Eating at maintenance will keep you slim.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

No that will keep you right where you are. Eating at a deficit will keep you slim
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

No that will keep you right where you are. Eating at a deficit will keep you slim

If you're already slim, then maintenance will keep you there. A deficit will make you continue to lose.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    All these jokester's aside, I've found that drinking tea in general helps curb my appetite. Since it takes a few minutes to prepare it gives me time to think about whether or not I'm actually hungry. It's also typically warm or hot and this has a soothing filling affect on my stomach when I've been eating lots of salad and am now craving a noodle dish. :)

I agree. I count tea with a scoop of powdered milk as one of my snacks for the day. I make 20-32 oz. at a time. It's warm, I add a ton of no-calorie sweetener to mine, & with the milk powder it has a little bit of protein. It will also last me about an hour (with warm ups) & counts toward my fluid for the day. So, if you are drinking hot tea & it helps fill you up like it does me, & you are then eating less food, it could help keep you slim.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Wow, a magic elixir! Funny we haven't seen this on the news or in the paper. Another myth busted.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the lemon, but anything hot and calorie free to sip on all day keeps me out of the fridge. Probably an oral fixation thing. No one get cute and ask me anything stupid related to that comment, mmkay?