Vegan Friends WANTED!!

Hey, so I’m vegan for about 6 months and it’s been an amazing journey, and I want to add people who are vegan so I can stay inspired and enjoy this app even more❤️

Replies

• TurtleChelle04
    TurtleChelle04 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello fellow vegan for over 5 years here. I'm new to the app and checking out the forums to find more vegans here as well. Feel free to add me. I'm still figuring this out haha
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Me! I'm also eating whole foods only. :) Feel free to add!
  • jazz5750
    jazz5750 Posts: 6 Member
    hi! an other young vegan here! I've been vegan since 1 or 2 months.however I've been vegetarian for 4 years :smiley:
  • Veganondarun
    Veganondarun Posts: 2 Member
    Hey I’m Dee! Vegan for 5 years come January 1st. Also interested in stealing meal ideas no I mean meeting fellow vegans as well 😆😆
  • fnarrrrrr
    fnarrrrrr Posts: 9 Member
    Hey, vegan more than 6 years here, I stopped counting! Feel free to add me
    Also interested in stealing meal ideas no I mean meeting fellow vegans as well 😆😆

Homemade ratatouille is my favourite lunch at the moment, feels more substantial than soup!

Does anyone know if it’s possible to share your recipes on here? That would be cool
  • Veganondarun
    Veganondarun Posts: 2 Member
    I agree but not sure as I’m pretty new here...
  • khristiana
    khristiana Posts: 131 Member
    Vegan since 2015. Also looking for more vegan friends on here, please add me.

WFPB/Nutritarian currently :)
  • jannhumphrey
    jannhumphrey Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I have been vegan for the animals for almost 4 years. I have gained a lot of weight since going vegan because I fell into the trap of convenience meals (hello, Gardein, I'm looking at you!) and I also have some pretty severe foot problems. I am trying to eat a more plant-based whole foods diet now in the hopes of transtioning from junk food vegan to healthy vegan. I recently signed up for the Forks Over Knives meal planner, but have yet to make a single recipe. I'm also adding walking back into my daily routine. Let's be friends!
  • hi_imshaun
    hi_imshaun Posts: 80 Member
    I've been transitioning into being a vegan for the past month now. Friends would be nice to see what they're eating and get ideas from and what not. Feel free to add me
  • fnarrrrrr
    fnarrrrrr Posts: 9 Member
    Here to share my recipe invention of the week!

A while ago I made the Swedish cream sauce from this recipe to go with some shop bought vegan meatballs
    https://www.thevegspace.co.uk/recipe-gronsaksbullar-swedish-vegan-meatballs/

I made double the sauce and froze half for later. I also used tablespoons of wholegrain mustard with horseradish instead of teaspoons of mild mustard because frankly I’m an animal 😂

This week I made a soup to use up leftover veg. I fried onions then added water and boiled up a whole cauliflower plus spare spring greens and broccoli stalks, fennel seeds and a vegetable stock cube. Blended smooth then added the leftover cream sauce and some parsley.
    I think it is my favourite soup ever and when I logged it on here the calcium content is off the chain which is important when you don’t have dairy

Has anyone else got an ‘invention’ to share?
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Not a vegan myself but one of the ladies at my Ladies Brunch is vegan and I made this for the brunch- it's quite yummy and quite a few people said it was very good! I added some vegan sausage, and she took a portion home and had fauex-egg on top for dinner.

https://buildyourbite.com/simple-vegan-breakfast-hash/
  • sikfitgoals
    sikfitgoals Posts: 1 Member
    Am I an OG level vegan? 😅 4 years Now. Second day into tracking food for weight loss though, feel free to add me!
  • redgrudge19
    redgrudge19 Posts: 10 Member
    Hello everyone! I have been vegan for 10 years and vegetarian for 25+. ❤️ I would love to see folks’ food diaries to see what you eat to train and what you eat to lose weight (my two goals). I have good foods but lack variety in my meals.
  • Patch2u
    Patch2u Posts: 1 Member
    Following, just getting started to see the benefits being a diabetic.
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    Vegan here too! Would love some friends 👍😁
  • soyamilkhoe
    soyamilkhoe Posts: 1 Member
    hi guys! i also maintain a mainly vegan diet would love some vegan inspo from you all :)
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,992 Member
    I'll be celebrating my 1 year veganniversary January 1! Its been an amazing year :)
  • cathipa
    I'll be celebrating my 1 year veganniversary January 1! Its been an amazing year :)
  • cathipa
    Patch2u wrote: »
    Following, just getting started to see the benefits being a diabetic.

Check out Mastering Diabetes. These guys are a wealth of knowledge for diabetics wanting to control their blood sugar on a plant based diet.
  • fortypoundloss
    fortypoundloss Posts: 4 Member
    Hi. I'm back after a hiatus of many years. I'm now older, retired, and just as heavy as I was years ago - maybe 4 lbs lighter. I am now "borderline Diabetic" with an AIC of 6.2. However my triglycerites are elevated and my doctor wants me to lose weight. She put me on a medication for the elevated triglycerites: Fenofibrate. Anyone ever heard of it? She's also put me on Saxenda, a liraglutide injection to help with my weight loss. It's expensive so I will only be on it for a short time; after the pre-filled pen's done, I'll be done.