Am I just being selfish?

Options
My partner has gone to mother in laws (who I get on with) I asked to come along and got told they wanted to spend some time alone together (yet her husband and grandchildren are there and they are predominantly watching tv). I am quite annoyed about it, especially as I asked and was told no!

Replies

• Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something may be up, or somebody upset with you. I can't guess.

I do know that if my husband/partner/boyfriend went to his family's house without me and I was told I couldn't come, I would be furious, especially with him for going along with it.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You say his mother in law, so your partners ex wife's mother then? Because if so then I can understand that perhaps they want to spend time with just him and thier grandkids and that they might feel that you could be uncomfortable if they or the kids talk about things that happened when he was married to their daughter.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    My partner has gone to mother in laws (who I get on with) I asked to come along and got told they wanted to spend some time alone together (yet her husband and grandchildren are there and they are predominantly watching tv). I am quite annoyed about it, especially as I asked and was told no!

You get on with your MIL?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Whose mother in law? Yours? His mother?
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Maybe they're planning something for you
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    mtndewme wrote: »
    mtndewme wrote: »

omg a surprise party!

Ya'll just ruined the surprise party 😜😂
  • Powerclean2deadlift
    Options
    I believe i was probably being oversensitive LOLZ
    Basically my wife's mother - so my mother in law.
    Damn if you ruin my suprise party i will not be pleased
  • Powerclean2deadlift
    Options

You get on with your MIL?

I do. She's a legend.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options

I take back everything I said. I made the assumption that this was not your MIL but your partners MIL from a previous relationship. Better not to listen to me you will end up confused and possibly drunk. :p

• Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options

Well don't overreact then. There is nothing abnormal about a mother and daughter hanging out with eachother, I don't know why you would think that is something to be worried about, is her husband her dad?
  • Powerclean2deadlift
    Options
    Machafin wrote: »

Well don't overreact then. There is nothing abnormal about a mother and daughter hanging out with eachother, I don't know why you would think that is something to be worried about, is her husband her dad?

LOL. I can react anyway I like tbh.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is selfish to want to be included.