Joined gym and exercise classes

Hi I’ve joined my fitness pal to work along side joining gym and fitness classes using pure gym. I’m loving the exercise and haven’t done any exercise for a long time. Weight loss slow is this normal ? Thanks

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Slow and steady is good. How much are you trying to lose?
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    The weight loss progress is due to how much of a calorie deficit you are in. Nothing wrong with slow progress as it helps to teach you lifelong eating habits along the way and doesn't cause you to burn out.
  • Dawda01
    Dawda01 Posts: 16 Member
    I’m wanting to loose
  • Dawda01
    Dawda01 Posts: 16 Member
    I am wanting to loose 4.5 stone .... lost 1.5 lbs first week x
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    A calorie deficit is all you need to lose weight. Weigh and measure everything that you eat and drink, stay at a calorie deficit, and you will lose weight. Exercise is great for overall health and you are able to eat a bit more due to burning more calories, as long as you’re eating less calories than your body burns.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Slow is normal and good! You’re more likely to have long-term success and keep the weight off when you lose slowly by making sustainable lifestyle changes.

A 1.5 lb loss is great! Stick with it and all those little numbers begin to quickly add up!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    Dawda01 wrote: »

With 63 pounds to lose, a 1.5 pound loss isn't slow, it is right where you should be:

9kjwnia17qv9.jpg

Please note you won't lose consistently every week. You many also gain some water weight from new exercises. Women can also retain water when they ovulate and premenstrually. The important thing is to have a downward trend over time.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Dawda01 wrote: »

That's not slow...
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    You may also find your body is holding water weight if you've just started exercising. Make sure you are actually eating the number of calories that MFP allocated to you and that you're logging your exercise and eating those calories too.

It's far better to lose at 1lb a week, be happy with the amount you're eating, not depriving yourself and learning what's sustainable than to try losing at a much higher rate and being miserable.