I ditched calorie counting and started Keto and started losing inches and pounds.

Options
My problem on regular, calorie-reduced diets is that I was always hungry! The more bread, pasta and rice I ate, the more I wanted. When I cut those out or way back, I felt deprived. I've been on Keto for 2 weeks now. I am down 3 pounds - which is huge for me - since losing any weight is a real struggle. The most important thing is that I am NOT hungry between meals and I'm not craving anything! I feel like this is doable for the long term. I feel great (no Keto flu). Slow and steady weight loss by seriously reducing carbs is going to do it for me. I feel the difference on this plan. I even have more energy to exercise more. I am losing bloat & inches around my waist. I also got an improved fasting glucose test result back yesterday. Yay! While this isn't for everyone, those of you who are struggling like I was may want to give it a try.

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I'm glad you're enjoying it, and I hope it works for you.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Good luck.
  • Itmustbu
    Itmustbu Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Everyone who loses weight initially loses water weight whether it’s low carb or not so don’t let anyone rain on your parade.

Glad you found something that’s working for you and Good Luck!!!
  • Ostrich218
    Ostrich218 Posts: 14 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    What defines low carb vs keto eg how many gs of carb becomes one or the other ?
  • Yidrey
    Yidrey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ostrich218 wrote: »
    What defines low carb vs keto eg how many gs of carb becomes one or the other ?

My understanding is that low carb could have a higher protein intake. Keto is high fat, moderate protein and low carb. Like in a 75/20/5 (c/p/f) rule. High in protein and low in carbs kan result in your liver turning protein in carbohydrates, which is called gluconeogenesis. If I am wrong please correct me, but thats what iI think it is the difference.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,022 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Keto, I've been doing Keto for over two years. Keto is not a diet it's a life style. Congratulations on lousing weight wait until you are six months down the road, you will be amazed.

Well by that token, any long term way of eating is not a diet, it is a lifestyle. ;)
    Nothing special about keto in that regard.

keto is not for me but if it works for you, thats great.
  • KristaMac88
    KristaMac88 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Dont let people discourage you! It is hard. You still have to track. Carb Manager is a great alternative to here that focuses on carbs protein and fats and you can adjust it to if your truely trying to be in ketosis or just to very low carb. I did that for a few months to. It was hard, then you adjust, even the water weight you lose is motivation to keep going. I felt great! Lost 15lbs. The only time Ive ever actually lost weight! Then had a cheat night with hubs and it all went downhill. gained almost 10 back and I cant get my head back into it! So im here...trying to get out of focusing on carbs, and just count cals. Good luck though keep going! And if actual keto becomes to hard - up your carbs a little bit to even 50 so your not deprived! it doesnt HAVE to be all or nothing!