what are everyone’s fav stretches?

Options
i wanna be a pretzel :p

Replies

• 80sSynthwave
    80sSynthwave Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Stretches? What are those? I want to not be able to fit through doorways....jk. I've found the older I get and the more muscle that gets added, mobility becomes extremely important, so I spend a good 20 minutes every morning on hips, then stretch pretty much everything else out throughout the day.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I like to do Yoga with Adrienne videos on YouTube.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I do my best stretches right before I get out of bed in the morning.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I love backbends. Whether if I'm standing and go backwards or doing yoga poses like the cobra, the locust, bow or the fish pose it all feels amazing!

I like to do the splits too. It hits so many areas in my lower body and I could incorporate my upper body it I want by turning to the side, raising my arm and going forward.

It took me years to get to this point, but I've improved each year.

I get the best stretches after a moderate workout when my body is warm - either as part of my cool down or as a complete session.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I stopped stretching when I became a powerlifter because it has a negative effect for that goal other than the lift itself.

Before powerlifting, I was into just about any inverts of yoga. Here is a silly one I made up.

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I do piyo, 3-4x a week, one live class and then workouts from the beachbody apps.

Atm I'm loving the flow sections to get a full body stretch and my favourite actual stretches are pigeon (I get tight hips/glutes as a runner) and dancer. Although straddle also feels good