Weighing your food with a family?

Options
So today I bought some scales for me to more accurately measure my food and monitor my calories. I however live with my family and non of them are too keen on the idea of having to measure my food out when they make our dinner. I will measure out all the food and make the most of it. Is there however a way that I can get them onboard even if they don't want to do it personally? They are saying I don't need to lose any weight so aren't really interested.

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    No, Mitch. Don't go there or they will resent it and the measuring. Do all of your own measuring and don't make a production out of it or will give all of them a big pinch.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    How many meals do you eat together as a family? If just one then just use hand portions to measure it out so the scale isn't such an issue. The other meals you can weigh on your own.

Never force your choices on others. It never turns out the way you would like it too.
  • mitch239
    mitch239 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    How many meals do you eat together as a family? If just one then just use hand portions to measure it out so the scale isn't such an issue. The other meals you can weigh on your own.

Never force your choices on others. It never turns out the way you would like it too.

Yeah it's just the one. The evening meal, we don't *always* eat together but majority of the time we do.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    mitch239 wrote: »
    cathipa wrote: »

Yeah it's just the one. The evening meal, we don't *always* eat together but majority of the time we do.

OK then you focus on you. If they are willing and want to join in then its on their time.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    If you want to weigh your food, you'll be the one that will have to cook. If not, you'll have to estimate.

I mainly cook in our house, but if my boyfriend cooks I wing it or don't eat it.