Let's talk about our cars!

Options

Replies

• ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    @seltzermint555 I'm with you, no car payment is always the way to go for me. I've never had one, and never hope to have one. I don't know what I'd do if I had an extra $300 bill each month on top of mortgage, student loans, utilities, car insurance, etc.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Jeep Wrangler Sport. I had my last Wrangler for 11 years. Have had this one for 5 and it only has 35,000 miles on it. Long way to go. 😎
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    2013 BMW 328i. Checks all my boxes...turbo for performance and my need for speed (even more fun in sport mode)...super comfortable ride for my 20K miles of annual commuting...compact enough to feel sporty, but plenty of room for the kids and whatnot.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Like any self-respecting mother of two with no cargo living in the flat prairies, i drive an suv

Is it a cadillac, cuz thats what all the cool moms have at daycare (and sassy yoga pants....)
    Like any self-respecting mother of two with no cargo living in the flat prairies, i drive an suv

around here they got armadas and sequoias until the kids get to be about 11 yo then down size to like lexus 350 rx bc “my old car was just soooooo big”

I only drive a ford ugh I don’t measure up
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    ellie117 wrote: »
    @seltzermint555 I'm with you, no car payment is always the way to go for me. I've never had one, and never hope to have one. I don't know what I'd do if I had an extra $300 bill each month on top of mortgage, student loans, utilities, car insurance, etc.

Right? I know people whose car payments are 3 times that amount, too. I'm not judging because we all have different priorities and I know for a lot of people driving a much nicer, newer car is important. But for me it's better to buy a slightly used car nowadays...when mine dies I'll likely pay cash for something a few years old like my husband did. He is a former mechanic so luckily he's able to check them over well.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Jeep Wrangler Sport. I had my last Wrangler for 11 years. Have had this one for 5 and it only has 35,000 miles on it. Long way to go. 😎

Jeep Wranglers are so much fun! My ex-husband had a 2004 Wrangler and I loved driving that thing.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    I have a 2009 Pontiac Vibe that I’m gonna drive til it explodes but since it’s really a Toyota Matrix it’ll probably never explode

Just don't hit a deer! I was so sad when I lost my vibe :cry:

I've already hit one deer, and it survived with some extensive bodywork

I once hit 4 deer simultaneously, it was terrible. They all survived though
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    I have a 2009 Pontiac Vibe that I’m gonna drive til it explodes but since it’s really a Toyota Matrix it’ll probably never explode

Was Christmas delayed?
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

First car was a Jeep Wrangler.. Currently driving a 2016 Cherokee..
  • AyeRon18
    AyeRon18 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Jeep Wrangler, i like it.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    s131951 wrote: »

Was Christmas delayed?

You know, i never put two and two together..
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options

around here they got armadas and sequoias until the kids get to be about 11 yo then down size to like lexus 350 rx bc “my old car was just soooooo big”

I thought that just fit my daughter, and sure ‘nuff! Fellow Texan.
  • s131951
    Options

Was Christmas delayed?

You know, i never put two and two together..

Well two x two would be four deer and typically how they are harnessed. . .oh wow.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I drive a MonkeyWagon.

I test drove a Tesla and asked the sales guy two questions.

1. How far can I drive into Mexico on a single charge?
    2. How many kilos will this trunk hold?
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    szw9tztwtsrt.png

This is my pride and joy - a VW Scirocco TSI. I absolutely love this car and waited a long time to buy one.
  • s131951
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    szw9tztwtsrt.png

This is my pride and joy - a VW Scirocco TSI. I absolutely love this car and waited a long time to buy one.

It looks like the steering wheel is on the wrong side though.
  • ghudson92
    Options
    szw9tztwtsrt.png

It looks like the steering wheel is on the wrong side though.

It's a manual as well (stick shift). No good in the US 😉
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    szw9tztwtsrt.png

I hope you were able to purchase that with a deep discount; they placed the steering wheel on the wrong side of the dashboard.
  • ghudson92
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    szw9tztwtsrt.png

I hope you were able to purchase that with a deep discount; they placed the steering wheel on the wrong side of the dashboard.

Oh boy I should've anticipated the steering wheel jokes.
  • s131951
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    szw9tztwtsrt.png

Oh boy I should've anticipated the steering wheel jokes.

Manual just lavishes points upon you though.