Balsamic Vinegar?

Options
2»

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    I generally have a regular balsamic, a fig balsamic, a white balsamic (or maybe a white pear balsamic) on hand. Right now I also have a maple balsamic, but that's more of a dessert vinegar. Mmmm.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,461 Member
    Options
    Oli and Ve has great balsamics, including white and darks. My favorites are strawberry, mission fig and chocolate. 10 calories a tablespoon, so I use it in lieu of salad dressing, over fruit & cottage cheese, and the clerk suggested a dash of the peach balsamic in some soda water and it was quite good. I got a bottle of the maple to try in my oatmeal as soon as I finish of a jar of maple butter. I use the honey and ginger to season stir fries.

If you can find a place that sells these type of flavored vinegars it’s worth a drive to visit their tasting room. Once you develop a taste for the sweet and tart flavored vinegars, they taste as rich as any dessert.
  • KickboxFanatic
    KickboxFanatic Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I stock up on oils and vinegars anytime I am close to one of these stores: http://seasonstaproom.com/

There might be one of these close to you (or something similar). You can taste test everything before you buy.

The Black Truffle balsamic is heaven on strawberries!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,239 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has some pretty good balsamic for a very good price point.
    eat2s7gwc740.png

From the label, it looks like "only" age 12 months. That's the one I had been using.

I couldn't figure out the difference for the one next to it that's a higher price point, but still quite affordable.
    8z22ppgmuu6l.png
    It's aged three years. I picked up a bottle yesterday, and I'm going to toss some on some roasted vegetables to see if it's worth the extra cost. The cheaper stuff is still pretty dang good.