Question on how to track an exercise

Options
Good morning everyone, I hope you are all having a great week so far! I just finished the Couch to 5K program (and I am completed addicted to running now) and I wanted to start working on my abs now, I found a video that I am going to try but I was just wondering what exercise that would fall under when I want to track it? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks everyone!

Replies

• Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure on abs, but I know that for something like Tae Bo or something like that it's usually High Impact aerobics. Most of JM's stuff (Jillian Michaels, 30 day shred - banish fat boost metabolism ect) it's usually circuit training. What video did you get?
  • francis1425
    francis1425 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am not sure of the name of it....I found it on demand on exercise tv.......it works the abs and back and has alittle bit of pilates in it as well.....
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I was researching this online the other day as well. One does not but that many calories doing ab crunches/sit ups. This type of exercise should be logged under strength training. If you can separate out the time spent on pilates then I would log that under cardio. Hope this helps! Best of luck

P.S.

Today will be day 1 week 1 of C5K for me. I am excited.
  • francis1425
    francis1425 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    thank you for your response and good luck with the program, it sucks in the beginning but i absolutely love it now!