Goals to look better than the younger you

Options
2»

Replies

• 84creative
    84creative Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    JJ3UK wrote: »
    I’m on the same track, I have just hit 30 and on track to looking and feeling more healthy than I was when I was 20! You look great, keep up the work! 👍🏻

Thanks! Glad to see others with the same goals and achieving them.

• isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    84creative wrote: »
    Just started working out again 18 weeks ago and my goal is to look better than my 23 year old self (pic below).

I’m now 35 with 2 young kids and want to stay fit to keep up with them.

Anyone else have similar goals?

That's my plan. I'm 42 and one size away from being my smallest. And I definitely think better looking because I lacked the confidence and mental strength at 23.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Oops I quoted your pic :#
  • 84creative
    Options

Thanks for the reminder of the goal I’m working towards ;-)
  • 84creative
    Options
    rainbow198 wrote: »
    This happened to me by accident. When I first started my dreams was to lose the fat, eventually have a fit body, to stop shopping in plus-sized clothing stores and I was also thinking about my future and I didn't want to take pills, be in pain etc.

It took years, but I worked hard and made my dreams come true and received so many more benefits outside of looks. I feel great, sleep better, I get more opportunities/projects at work and I now shop in the junior's section in stores. Plus I'm the smallest I've been in my entire adult life. :)

The combination of losing weight, getting fit, having access to better clothes, gaining confidence and life experiences is making my 40's fantastic!

Sounds fantastic! I’ve not worked out properly in years and I had a nagging. Feeling that I had to do something soon.

Think I made the decision to work out again 2 months before my 35th birthday and committed to it. Now I feel better for doing so and I’m enjoying the process.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    You look great! I would love to get my physique at least back to where it was before baby#3, maybe even better! My face though has aged and years of sleep deprivation has taken its toll so not much I can do about that.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    84creative wrote: »

Thanks for the reminder of the goal I’m working towards ;-)

I want to be in a better state of physical fitness, so sort of? I'm an endurance athlete and am the same size I was pre-kids. However, I am stronger and fitter than that too. Me at 23= 45 on the ellipitcal. Me at 36= running marathons and lifting g heavy-ish.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I thought that the goal was to have as little body fat as possible, but now, at 47, I realize that I actually look better with a little bit of extra weight because my skin has lost some of its elasticity and if I am too thin I look kind of gaunt and tired. That said, I work really hard to preserve my muscle mass as well. From a fitness standpoint, I am probably in the best shape I have ever been in.
  • 84creative
    Options

I want to be in a better state of physical fitness, so sort of? I'm an endurance athlete and am the same size I was pre-kids. However, I am stronger and fitter than that too. Me at 23= 45 on the ellipitcal. Me at 36= running marathons and lifting g heavy-ish.

It’s funny when I created this thread I put “Goal to look better than your younger self” as I hadn’t imagined I’d be much fitter than I was back then and would have been really work for it being 10 years older. Reading everybody’s posts has actually changed my perspective a little on what I think is achievable.
  • 84creative
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    When I was younger I thought that the goal was to have as little body fat as possible, but now, at 47, I realize that I actually look better with a little bit of extra weight because my skin has lost some of its elasticity and if I am too thin I look kind of gaunt and tired. That said, I work really hard to preserve my muscle mass as well. From a fitness standpoint, I am probably in the best shape I have ever been in.

I lost about 7lbs and had a few remarks that I looked really giant from close family. I think after the 7 weeks of dieting I put it all back on again. Didn’t help that I hadn’t preserved much muscle mass during that time from not working out. Hopefully I’m just as fit in the next 10 years. Good work!