Losing weight quicker than usual

Options
Usually I lose around 3-4 pounds monthly, this month I lost 1.5 pounds in just 5 days. I recently added weights (just arms) 2 weeks ago and been trying to drink a lot more water.

Curious as to what people thing is going on. I am on my 5th month of my weight loss journey so perhaps I pushed through the plateau? Surely water and the added weights can't cause a 3x weighloss increase (I think).

Replies

• Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Everyone's walking around weight will fluctuate several pounds on a day to day basis.

The weight you see on the scale is made up of a number of different things including water and 'waste'. You can jump on the scales do absolutely nothing unusual and be 3lbs lighter or heavier the next morning.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Women typically see this to a more extreme extent than men, but water weight can be "whooshy" staying with you for a week or two and keeping your weight very stable, and then suddenly deciding to leave all at once. Are you using an app to trend your weight loss? It's easier to see the overall trend with an app like "Happy Scale" or something similar in whatever phone operating system you're running.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Drinking more water usually helps keep my scale weight down, flushing out salt and waste.