I need to stop

Options
Hi, I'm Jess. I have a sever sugar addiction and I need to put my foot down. All I drink is soda and eat junk food and that ends now. Feel free to add me so you can check my daily diary and watch me progress through my goals! 😊

Replies

• Lobsterboxtops
    Lobsterboxtops Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Fortunately I haven’t had to battle this one...but I know it can be hard.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    If you have trouble with a negative goal (cut sugar), try focusing on a positive goal that will have the side effect of reducing your sugar intake. So maybe think of lower sugar replacements and focusing on eating/drinking them, and that may help to push out the sugary stuff (assuming you are sticking to a calorie goal, of course).

I found switching to diet soda and flavored teas really helped me cut down on high cal beverages.

And any dietary goal I've had has been greatly helped by getting into the habit of logging a food/drink BEFORE I eat it, not after. It forces me to make mindful choices and see what the item will do to my numbers while I still have a chance to decide if it's worth it and make a better choice.

Dont you know, aspartame will kill you! 🤣 No, not really. Lol
    I switch to diet and eat more fruit. It helps me!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Some of us are doing a 30 Day Challenge to keep added sugar to the WHO recommended limits: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10769530/30-day-logging-limiting-added-sugar-challenge/p1