How your home gym looks like? (send a photo to encourage others)

Options
fitom80
fitom80 Posts: 154 Member
edited November 2019 in Motivation and Support
Before
bdz5kjx5a4w0.jpg

After.. Self made (with help of neighbour) terace gym... space cca. 2,4m x 2,4m
owevji284f94.jpg

Β«1

Replies

• texasleahgirl
    texasleahgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    following this because I want to create a home gym!
  • fitom80
    Options
    following this because I want to create a home gym!
    Ok at least few notes as my own experience, maybe it helps
    1. Epdm floor was great choice
    2. At least small rack (mine is strong compromise to save space, had no option to use wall mount foldable rack, and wanted all in one, it's cheap but well crafted chinese β€œrack", only 1,2m deep but 1,2m wide, quite stable)
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    >Following.
    >Will post pics when home from work
    >I'm female and my gym space is probably different than the guys but will be happy to share!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    a2whtz7ss5jj.jpg

Just the basics
    Livestrong Elliptical, plenty of free weights, basic bench, chinup bar
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I live in a co-op... this is all I can have πŸ˜‚πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
    I still have a gym membership for more variety.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    my "archaic" basement gym. Bench with lat, preacher curl, leg extension curl attachments , free weights/dumbbells, spin bike...not pictured, incline sit up bench and door frame pull up bar. The bike is around 20 years old and everything else around 30 years. I've repaired and welded the bench a few times. Suits all my needs....the only upgrade I need is a thick floor mat.
    xbbcf34n95kl.jpg
  • tiger2lou
    tiger2lou Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sum1wi2168vo.jpeg
  • fitom80
    Options
    my "archaic" basement gym. Bench with lat, preacher curl, leg extension curl attachments , free weights/dumbbells, spin bike...not pictured, incline sit up bench and door frame pull up bar. The bike is around 20 years old and everything else around 30 years. I've repaired and welded the bench a few times. Suits all my needs....the only upgrade I need is a thick floor mat.
    xbbcf34n95kl.jpg

I can understand how proud you are, your gym has a soul (none of commercial one has one) bcs. of all you mentioned. πŸ‘
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Mine is a mess right now bc of the holiday bins! There's actually a decent squat rack in the right corner πŸ˜‚ I adore my home gym. Is it my happy place!
  • Ocrgrrrl
    Ocrgrrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Is there a trick to posting a pic? It's not working for me. πŸ™
  • fitom80
    Options
    Ocrgrrrl wrote: Β»
    Is there a trick to posting a pic? It's not working for me. πŸ™

Happy place πŸ‘ nice said, feel it same. Just click the small icon of picture above and choose a picture from gallery. But it doesnt work time to time like many things in MFP. πŸ˜‚
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Currently mine is a basket in the corner of the living room with a couple yoga mats, some blocks, hand weights, and soon to add resistance bands. Pair that with the TV remote and I am in business :D

(The twist board thing is my 6 year olds ;) )

I also have a compact rowing machine and bike trainer, both tucked away when not using.

g46bfygn97sh.jpg
  • fitom80
    Options
    Currently mine is a basket in the corner of the living room with a couple yoga mats, some blocks, hand weights, and soon to add resistance bands. Pair that with the TV remote and I am in business :D

I also have a compact rowing machine and bike trainer, both tucked away when not using.

It's sweet! πŸ€— Btw. (joking) this is maybe one of few cases when ladies occupie less space at household πŸ˜†.. they dont need so much iron.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    fitom80 wrote: Β»

It's sweet! πŸ€— Btw. (joking) this is maybe one of few cases when ladies occupie less space at household πŸ˜†.. they dont need so much iron.

Too funny!

I would someday like a weight bench and some other equipment, or maybe even a bow flex or something, but no space for it in this stage of life. Our oldest is 12 and starting to be more aware of his physical self so I can see him wanting to start doing some more with weights. He’s still tiny though - 5’ and 80ish lbs. I am anticipating a massive growth spurt this year.

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

I won't be sharing a pic because mine's all over my house, but I have a cage and treadmill in my living room, and a heavybag in my dining room. It's funny how many delivery people assume my husband is so lucky that I let him set this all up. On the plus side for me, I never have to nag him to take out the garbage, since that would just be fighting with myself.
  • smithker75
    smithker75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    q8nx9oyzvhs1.jpg
    I'm lucky to have a single garage space for my gym. I mostly use my barbell, bench and free weights and occasionally the treadmill and ball etc. I'm in here at least 3-4 times a week and it's perfectly suitable for my needs. Working fulltime + a 3 hour daily commute + 4 kids means going to a gym is impossible.
  • fitom80
    Options

Too funny!

I would someday like a weight bench and some other equipment, or maybe even a bow flex or something, but no space for it in this stage of life. Our oldest is 12 and starting to be more aware of his physical self so I can see him wanting to start doing some more with weights. He’s still tiny though - 5’ and 80ish lbs. I am anticipating a massive growth spurt this year.

I was pushed outside of our flat to terace with iron 😁 yes, it's great to be an idol for children.. My antisport 8 yrs is slowly finding a way to sport when he see parents
  • fitom80
    Options
    I'm lucky to have a single garage space for my gym. I mostly use my barbell, bench and free weights and occasionally the treadmill and ball etc. I'm in here at least 3-4 times a week and it's perfectly suitable for my needs. Working fulltime + a 3 hour daily commute + 4 kids means going to a gym is impossible.
    Same here.. I admire you are so consistant by 4 kids πŸ‘ I have one kid and it's sometimes hard beside the work. Only chance to do workout at home, sometimes at night 😁
  • MarcyMavin
    MarcyMavin Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Liking your photos everyone! Growing mine this week, nice to see ideas!