Toy binge...ooopsy daisy...

Options
jhanleybrown
jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
edited November 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
Just bought a brand new spin bike today. Have a 10 year old one (that I do in fact use at least 4x/week in my garage). Getting pretty old, rusty. Has an electronic part that's stopped working. Pedal strokes no longer smooth. Repaired the seat by wedging a paperback between the seat and the base that props its up....

So...walked into a fitness shop and bought a pretty high end new spin bike.

Bam.

It's not going to break me by any means. And I *will* use it a lot. And I got a floor model which will save me about $100. Magnetic. Has a decent power meter. Can buy a bluetooth thing that will connect it to zwift, strava, etc...

But...wasn't cheap. And didn't really "need" it. It was "an investment in my health" right?

(Or sports equipment retail therapy??)

At least borrowing a friends truck to save the ($125!) delivery charge. (Maybe I can justify it based on the $ I'm saving from all the wine I'm *not* drinking?)

Excited but have a spending hangover.

Replies

• ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your splurge! Sounds like you've "earned" the equipment upgrade!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the upgrade...My spin bike is over 20 years old and still going strong..That being said, it sat by itself for 16 years!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it! 🚴🚴🚴
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I’m a big believer in investing in quality equipment. If you are using it that much, it’s worth every penny.
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »
    I’m a big believer in investing in quality equipment. If you are using it that much, it’s worth every penny.

Me too. But it's my 5th bike. (Although it's the only trainer.) And the other 4 are pretty nice.

But I do feel now literally "invested" in sticking with what is a weight and health reset.