Slow weight loss

I’ve been doing treadmill 4 x a week for almost 3 months. I am 52. The scale barely moves. I def watch what I’m eating. I’m
Noticing in my clothes. , but why not the scale.

Replies

• _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    If you notice it in your clothes that means you're losing some Inches and that whatever you're doing is working 😊 try not to focus too much on that number on the scale.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    but why not the scale.

Because your actual calorie balance isn't alligned with whatever weight loss goal you have set.

My guess is that you are eating more than you think but just a guess as your diary is private.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    It's best to lose the weight slowly.

I hate to brag, but.... well, I've lost almost three pounds over the last five years.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Weight loss has more to do with food than it does with the treadmill.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Are you weighing and logging everything you eat? If not, you have no idea how many calories you’re actually consuming.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    My body does something similar...the scale barely budged...but I've gone down 2 almost 3 clothing sizes. I stopped paying attention to the scale. I weigh daily and record it but it's not my way to gauge progress. Try progress pics, measurements, clothing...and do you feel better? Stick with it...in 6 months you'll be happy you did!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Three months is a decent enough time frame that you should have lost some weight by now but even a few lbs and some body recomp is significant. No mention of how much you intended to weigh/lose either but I would add that 'watching what you eat' may need some clarification as deficit is kind of key here.